Yesterday Awful Announcing reported that ku students and university officials were attempting to get students to stop using their kick off chant of "Rip his expletive deleted head off." The Star has further info on the story and also links to a video Coach Mangino recorded to be played before Saturday's game.
The video is hilarious for the following reasons:
1) Coach M. is clearly focusing very hard on reading the teleprompter and keeps a constant center focus
2) The coach is wearing a black shirt in front of a BLACK BACKGROUND and thus it appears his rather large head is floating.
3) He is subtitled. Now this is probably for the hearing impaired, but I still find it hilarious since he's usually hard to understand.
4) As he says "we have a lot of great traditions here at ku" they show video of the waving of the wheat which is one of the stupidest things EVER.
5) "We're better than that." Um, no you're not...
If reading about this has left you yearning for more Waterboy quotes then go HERE!