Here's a first draft of this week's BlogPoll ballot. The slate got wiped clean after the Top 10.
- Texas is now your runaway No. 1. I would LOVE to see a matchup of Texas and Alabama. That battle in the trenches would be epic.
- Penn State is a trip to the Horseshoe away from running the table, and as we all know, it's not like they'd have to survive a conference championship game.
- The Big 12 Trifecta remains in place at Nos. 4-6. I'd love to see Oklahoma State at least be competitive next week (a service Missouri did not provide this week)
- Don't look now, but USC and Ohio State are on their way back
- My first bit of oddity comes in at No. 14, where I added previously unranked TCU. In hindsight, though, I probably should have had them ranked in the 20-25 range before the win over BYU,
- The Wannstache continues to lurk under the radar since everyone wrote PItt off after an early season loss
- Anyone else loving seeing the triple option work in a BCS conference? Keep doing what you're doing, Georgia Tech.
- BYU falls to No. 20. One more loss and they're gone for good.
- Which brings us to No. 21. I really wanted to drop Mizzou out of the Top 25 in my most down moments last night, but Missouri is certainly one of the 25 best teams in America. Mizzou's two losses are to teams who I have ranked as the No. 1 and No. 5 teams in the nation. I hate to fall back on "quality losses," but right now, that about sums it up.
- Kansas is at No. 22, because there's not much shame in losing to OU in Norman
- Does Vandy even deserve to be ranked?