I'm sure Ross will post some thoughts at some point as well, but in the meantime...
* This just wasn't the season we thought it would be. Plain and simple. One thing I hate doing is determining blame, so I'll leave that to others. As a fan, all I can say is, the bounces didn't go our way in big moments this year, and while Mizzou fans should almost never be disappointed with 9-3, this was the one year where 9-3 felt like a bit of a failure.
* Of course, next week we get a chance to make everybody forget this moment by doing something amazing. It probably won't happen, but that is a good reminder of something else: we won our second straight North title this year. Bears mentioning.
* I don't know why our blitz hasn't worked this year, but...our blitz hasn't worked this year. Our defensive line generates a decent pass rush, but I can't think of many times where a big blitz produced a big play. Today was obviously no different. Strategically, I think blitzing on 4th-and-7 was the correct aggressive play. But it's hard to completely agree with the call since the blitz has been so ineffective. I'd like to think our blitz gets better next year with missiles like Ebner and Gachkar getting more familiar with the defense and more involved, but...we'll see.
* I've already seen other sites saying how Mizzou "choked" this game away. I just don't see it. We sucked in the first half, held it together, came back in the second half, and it became a "who gets the ball last?" situation. Todd Reesing outdueled Chase Daniel, KU played its best game of the year and won a big rivalry game at the last second...I guess I just reserve the word "choke" for more extreme situations than this.
* I can't give Todd Reesing enough credit for this effort. He was pretty damn mediocre the last couple of times I saw him play, but he was on tonight. What makes it more impressive is, we hit him...a lot.
* Chase Coffman = balls. A couple of times, instead of trying to slow down once he started running, he just fell down. He was clearly in pain...about half-speed...and he caught six balls and 2 TDs. I'm really gonna miss the Flying Nunchuk. Clearly he's not going to be 100% next week (for the second straight Big 12 title game), but I just hope he's healed for the bowl game...just so I get one last chance to watch him fly around.
* I wrote a lot about 2009 earlier this week, and I'm at least partially optimistic about Mizzou's chances thanks to the OL and Derrick Washington...but obviously Reesing/Briscoe/Meier (and Stuckey) will have something to say about that.
* Does this mean we can retire the gold jerseys?