I'm sorry, but I just can't respect any movie that a) stars Tom Cruise, and b) stars Tom Cruise wearing an eyepatch. Just can't do it.
Chase Daniel: chippy.
Quarterback Chase Daniel was in an extraordinarily chippy mood during his weekly turn at the podium. When asked about Oklahoma’s defense, Daniel came prepared with some offensive statistics for several of his teammates.
“They’re a great defensive team, but you want to talk about their guys,” he said. “What about our guys? I’ve got some stats right here.”
With that Daniel rattled off several season and career numbers for six of his teammates, reading off from a piece of paper — though he could probably recite them for memory. He mentioned numbers for Chase Coffman, Jeremy Maclin, Tommy Saunders, Jared Perry, Jeff Wolfert and Derrick Washington.
“You look at their weapons. Well, I want to look at ours and what we have to bring to the table,” he said. “I feel good about our guys.”
A couple things at play here: Daniel’s got something for the Sooners. That’s obvious. He grew up a Texas fan, so no surprise there. But over the last three years, Daniel’s been more than willing to discuss and dissect the defensive players for every other team on MU’s schedule. Just not Oklahoma.
“We want respect, and it’s not going to be given to us,” he said. “We just have to go out and get it.”
I love the attitude, but I'm scared enough about poking the bear that...yeah...back it up, Chase, and I'll love you to pieces...the KC Star has more.
Big 12 Championship Links!
Mutigers.com: official release
Oklahoma has won 18 of the last 19 games in the series, dating back to 1984, and if you take it back to 1970, they’ve won 30 of the last 33 meetings between the two schools. Since 1946, the series stands in OU’s favor by a whopping 49-7-1 margin – that’s when the separation really began by the Sooners from the Tigers, as in 1945, a Mizzou 14-6 win over OU evened the series at 16-16-1 at the time.
- Soonersports.com: Sooner Scouting Report
- The Trib: Tigers vs Sooners: The Sequel
- PowerMizzou: Tigers know few have faith
- Post-Dispatch: Missouri not distracted as it focuses on OU and Big 12 Title Game
- Bryan Burwell: Missouri has a chance to defeat Oklahoma, but it is a slim one
- Tulsa World: Sooners' depth will be tested
- Daily Oklahoman: Bob Stoops addresses Sam Bradford injury, Missouri
- Daily Oklahoman: Tigers way short of expectations
- Daily Oklahoman: Thumbs up for OU quarterback Sam Bradford
In football recruiting news, it looks like Mizzou sent out a new offer for 2010: Blaine Gabbert's younger brother, Tyler.
Mizzou Basketball links!
- KC Star: Freshman Paul fits in at Missouri
- Mutigers.com: UA-Pine Bluff official release
- Steve Walentik: Goodbye Oral Roberts, hello Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Finally, it's time to get fully into 2003 Kansas State mode...live it, love it...