Three main things going on in the world of Mizzou Linkage right now: Braggin' Rights, the Alamo Bowl, and football recruiting. We'll look at 'em in that order.
Braggin' Rights Links!
Mutigers.com: official release
> The Tigers have been downright overpowering during their recent seven-game winning streak ... The Team is averaging a 24.8 ppg margin of victory and is shooting 49.5 percent from the floor, while holding opponents to just 37.7 percent shooting and just 28.6 percent shooting from three-point range.
> A major reason for those large scoring totals is because Missouri has taken 92 more field goal attempts than its opponent this season and has made 96 more FG’s, an incredible statistic through just 10 games.
FightingIllini.com: official release
• In the latest NCAA statistical rankings released on Dec. 15, Chester Frazier ranks 14th in assist-to-turnover ratio and 19th in in assists. He leads the Big Ten in assists, averaging 6.6 apg, and is third in the league with an a/to ratio of +2.9.
• Mike Davis leads the Big Ten in double-doubles this season with four, and is the league's top rebounder, averaging 8.2 boards.
• Illinois ranks 16th in the nation in scoring defense, allowing 55.8 ppg.
• Illinois' defense has forced an average of 24.0 turnovers (96) over the last four games.
- Post-Dispatch: Carroll, Lyons deliver MU's 1-2 punch
- The Trib: Handing it to the Hatters
- KC Star: Seems like a first season for Anderson -- in a good way
- KC Star: Missouri's new players live up to former Tigers' predictions
- Post-Dispatch: Healthier Semrau gives Illini a boost
- Post-Dispatch: Heralded transfer is set to get going for Illini
- Chicago Sun-Times: Legion debut a winner
- Chicago Tribune: Legion impresses in Illini debut
- Decatur Herald & Review: Illini, Mizzou set hot pace for Braggin' Rights showdown
Alamo Bowl Links!
Mutigers.com: game notes
Mizzou will take to the field in San Antonio with a chance at making history. With a 9-4 record entering the game, the Tigers will look to become only the third team in school history to record double-digit wins in a season.
The current bunch is already only the fifth Tiger squad to notch as many as nine wins in a season. Should the Tigers win against Northwestern, it would also mean a special achievement, as MU has never had back-to-back seasons with double-digit win totals (Mizzou went 12-2 a year ago).
- Dave Matter: Tigers get back to practices
- KC Star: Missouri looks to rebound in Alamo Bowl
- Chicago Sun-Times: NU's first family
- Chicago Tribune: Northwestern's Tyrell Sutton returns to practice
Mizzou football recruiting links!
- PowerMizzou: Sheldon Richardson is done with recruiting (yes, I posted it yesterday...I'm posting it again--and it's a free link, by the way)
- Post-Dispatch: Gateway Tech's Richardson wants to be a Tiger
- PowerMizzou: E. St. Louis WR Terry Hawthorne enjoyed his trip
- Belleville News-Democrat: Few players more dangerous than Terry Hawthorne
- PowerMizzou: Houston WR Ja-Mes Logan enjoyed his trip
- PowerMizzou: Texarkana WR Cobi Hamilton enjoyed his trip
- PowerMizzou: Ronnie Wingo says nice things about his KU visit
- PowerMizzou: Texas LB Chris McAllister decides to stay in state--commits to Baylor
- PowerMizzou: Texas WR Skyler Scott might visit Mizzou
Yeah, that might set the record for links in one Links post...have fun.