I'm still in OKC, so I saw not a second of this game. We won't spend a lot of time on this one. Looks like, if nothing else, this was a nice "take out your hostility on the first chubby nerd you come across" moment for Mizzou...who was needing to feel like the bully again...
|Points Per Minute
|Points Per Possession (PPP)
|Points Per Shot (PPS)
|(Assists + Steals) / TO||2.43||0.70|
|Expected Offensive Rebounds||12||13|
|Eq. Rebound Margin||+4||-9|
- Great rebounding effort tonight against a clearly overmatched team.
- Great shooting as well...though it would obviously help to see that kind of shooting against a team with, shall we say, a bit more of a pulse.
|DeMarre Carroll||23.59||1.24||21 Pts, 10 Reb, 4 Stl|
|Kimmie English||12.35||0.69||10 Pts, 5 Ast, 4 Reb|
|J.T. Tiller||10.84||0.68||8 Pts, 4 Ast, 2 Reb, 1 Blk|
|Laurence Bowers||10.56||0.75||10 Pts, 7 Reb, 1 Blk|
|Miguel Paul||10.15||0.56||12 Pts, 4 Ast|
|Marcus Denmon||10.01||0.50||11 Pts, 2 Reb, 2 Ast|
|Leo Lyons||9.74||0.75||11 Pts, 4 Reb|
|Keith Ramsey||5.76||0.41||6 Pts, 6 Reb, 4 TO|
|Justin Safford||5.49||0.50||4 Pts, 2 Reb|
|Michael Anderson Jr.||4.12||0.27||4 Pts|
|Jarrett Sutton||2.19||1.10||Another 3 Pts|
|Matt Lawrence||0.82||0.06||3 Pts, 2 Reb, 1 Stl|
|Steve Moore||0.55||0.04||2 Pts, 4 Reb|
|Zaire Taylor||-0.27||-0.02||2 Pts, 1 Ast, 2 Reb|
EqPts = a take-off of the Net Equivalent Points idea discussed last week. Taking points, assists, rebounds (offensive & defensive), steals, blocks, turnovers and fouls into account, the team's points are re-distributed to figure out who had the biggest impact on the game itself, instead of just how many balls a player put through a basket. I can go into detail on the formula if anybody asks, but for now just know that that was the intent.
- If the Illinois game was a "correction", then...this one undid the work of the Illinois game. Stuff went mostly right for everybody not named "Lawrence," "Moore" or "Taylor."
- Way to freaking go, Kimmie English--I know this was SIU-Edwardsville, but...five assists! Love seeing that...especially in light of another clunker from Matt Lawrence. M-Law didn't have to do much today obviously...and he sure didn't.
- Love Laurence Bowers' line. I'm still kind of wanting to see him get a few more of Safford's and Ramsey's minutes against real opponents, just to see how he does.
- DeMarre is definitely fitting into an all-or-nothing role. Against teams with good post defenders, he does next to nothing. Against lesser teams, he is unfreakingstoppable. Lucky for us, I guess, there aren't a ton of good post teams in the Big 12. Georgia's two best players are forwards, but they're only 6'7/220 (Terrance Woodbury) and 6'8/245 (freshman Howard Thompkins).