And six hours later, I'm back up to work on the Links...thank god we won that game last night...it took me about an hour and a half to get my heart rate down enough to go to sleep, and I'm going to need to buy a couple extra cups of coffee from Lakota this morning, but...winner winner, chicken dinner.
First of all, if you haven't checked out last night's open thread and live blog, you should do so. It's worth your time. Ahh, the ups-and-downs of sporting events.
(I still hate Mediacom, by the way.)
And now to the real links...
2008 Alamo Bowl Champions Links!
- Mutigers.com: official recap and box score.
- NUsports.com: official recap.
- The Trib: Tigers survive Alamo thriller
- The Missourian: Maclin shines (Loved the "I’m his roommate. I can probably get him to stay." quote from 'Spoon)
- Post-Dispatch: Missouri's Maclin shows why Tigers will miss him
- The Missourian: For the Tigers, the final feeling is victory
- The Missourian: Sack saves Tigers
- KC Star: Missouri pulls out OT win in Alamo Bowl.
- KC Star: Upon Further Review live blog.
- Post-Dispatch: Missouri squeaks past Northwestern to win Alamo Bowl.
- Post-Dispatch: In the end, 'D' comes up big for Mizzou.
- ESPN's Tim Griffin: Daniel overcomes struggles in Missouri's OT win
- PowerMizzou: Escaping the Alamo.
- The Maneater: Tigers victorious in Alamo Bowl cat fight.
- Chicago Tribune: 'Cats can't scratch bowl game itch
- Chicago Tribune: Despite loss, Pat Fitzgerald should be at Northwestern for life
- Chicago Sun-Times: No moral victory for NU
- Chicago Sun-Times: Northwestern notes
Alamo Photo galleries!
Are you serious, Jason Whitlock? Is that Ball State loss to Buffalo still sticking in your craw? Nothing you said was technically incorrect, but...we won! We could have lost the Alamo Bowl like CU did to Wisconsin, or KSU did to Purdue, but we didn't. We won.
And..."The Tigers have mastered the art of beating weak teams and sneaking past decent ones. We’ll call the Wildcats decent." Really? This year, we officially "snuck by" a whole two "decent" teams--Baylor and Northwestern...NW'ern being comfortably better than Baylor. We beat a "decent" Nebraska team by 35 (was 42 until the final play of the game). A "decent" Nevada team by 52. A "decent" Buffalo team (that ruined your beloved Cardinals' dream season) by 21. A "decent" Illinois team by 10 (was 17 until the final play of the game). They've "snuck by" teams to the tune of 22 wins in two years--30 in three. That's so terrible--you're absolutely right. Pinkel needs to accomplish more before he thinks about celebrating.
They might not have been as good as they were supposed to be this year--okay, they definitely weren't--but...they could have lost this game 26 different ways, and they didn't. They shouldn't celebrate that? They should have just refused the trophy, showered in shame, and gone home? Really? Enjoy the GMAC Bowl there, bud.
Finally, quickly to basketball to wash the taste of that lame column out of our mouths...all hail Jarrett Sutton, pick-up gamer extraordinaire...