I really have no explanation for what happened last night...all I know is, when it comes to MU-OSU, in any sport, nothing ever makes sense. The only thing that would make less sense than us getting a 20-point lead at Gallagher-Iba would be us blowing a 20-point lead at Gallagher-Iba. And the only thing that would make less sense than THAT would be us winning anyway. Good god.
I'll say this much, though: I mentioned after the Illinois game that the last step to learning how to win is learning how to win when it's all going against you. Granted, most of the "going against you" was self-inflicted (and that last four minutes was like watching a track runner break down in slow motion), but...well...scoreboard. 16-3.
First of all, I can't tell you how much last night reminded me of this game from 2000, where Oklahoma State was winning by 20 at Hearnes with 8:00 left before making a hard charge and cutting the lead to 4 with :50 left before faltering. Granted, OSU actually had a chance to tie or take the lead at the last second, and Mizzou never did in 2000, but...well, I just wanted to reason to bring up one of my favorite games I've attended.
We've Won Two In a Row at Gallagher-Iba Links!
- We'll start with the box score. Make some sense of it, I dare you. Good shooting, terrible shooting, assists, turnovers, etc.
- Mutigers.com: Official recap.
- The Trib: Tigers barely hold against OSU
- The Missourian: Missouri clings to road win at Oklahoma State
KC Star: MU holds on against Oklahoma State after blowing a big lead
- KC Star: MU-OSU notebook
- Post-Dispatch: Tigers survive Cowboys' drive
- Tulsa World: Cowboy comeback falls short
- Daily Oklahoman: Cowboys rally from 20 down but fall
- Daily Oklahoman: Another controversial call dooms Cowboys
- Daily Oklahoman: Small crowds now the norm for OSU basketball games
Finally, a quick non-basketball note: Ziggy Hood and William Moore talked Senior Bowl with the Rams' web site recently, and Dave Matter's got the Q's and A's.