Before we move on to Big 12 Tourney talk, I guess we should look at what a few people said about the MU-ATM game...
- The Trib: Texas A&M beats Missouri 96-86
- The Trib: Safford finding groove for MU
- The Missourian: Missouri comeback falls short in College Station
- KC Star: Mad rally falls short for MU
- KC Star: A&M's Turgeon knocks Lunardi, Big 12
- Post-Dispatch: Tigers 'can't stop bleeding'
- Dallas Morning News: Aggies bolster their NCAA tournament case
Big 12 Tournament Links!
Big12sports.com: Tournament Bracket (pdf)
- Big12sports.com: Tournament Central
- Big12sports.com: The importance of momentum entering the postseason
- Dallas Morning News: Coaches like new Big 12 Basketball Championship format
All-Big 12 Links!
- The Maneater: Multiple Tigers take Big 12 awards
- Mutigers.com: Mizzou enjoys numerous postseason honors from league coaches
- PowerMizzou: Tigers balance reflected by Big 12 honors
Here's Bernie Miklasz taking a major stand like only Bernie can: MU should pay up if other schools go after Anderson. I didn't realize there was uncertainty on this.
Wrestling links! Mizzou finished 3rd at the weekend's Big 12 Championships. That's about what was expected, though with a handful of high seeds, there was at least a little hope for something higher.
- The Trib: Hoehn, Marable work OT at Big 12s
- The Missourian: Tigers finish third at Big 12 wrestling championships
- The Maneater: Tigers place third at Big 12 championships
Baseball links! Missouri needed to sweep four games from Ball State over the weekend to get back to .500, but as I said this time last week, a four-game sweep is difficult no matter who it's against. Mizzou didn't sweep, but moved forward nonetheless, winning three of four against the Fightin' Jason Whitlocks. They won 4-1 Friday night behind Kyle Gibson's 13 K's, split two games on Saturday (a 14-5 loss and an 18-4 win), then rode Nick Tepesch's 12 K's and a Mach-powered comeback to a 7-6 win on Sunday.
The only major problem I drew from the weekend is that Ian Berger got shelled once again. Gibson's looking great, and Tepesch is looking solid, but...well, there are three games in a conference weekend series, and Mizzou will need a third starter. They're now 6-8 and face Western Illinois (the fightin' Big Heads) Tuesday.
- PowerMizzou: Mach Brothers lead Tiger comeback on Sunday
- The Trib: Conner Mach's first career home run leads Tigers on Sunday
- The Maneater: Saturday baseball doubleheader recap
- The Missourian: Folgia does it all for Missouri baseball team
- The Missourian: Gebhart's hit sparks Tigers in Friday win over Ball State
- The Maneater: Freshman hits game-winner on Friday
And finally, softball links! It was an easy weekend for Ehren Earleywine's Lady Tigers. They coasted through four games of the All Missouri Breast Cancer Awareness Tournament, shutting out UMKC on Friday, shutting out SEMO and scraping by SLU, 4-3, on Saturday, and no-hitting
SMS Missouri State on Sunday. The #12 Tigers are now 18-3 on the season.
- The Missourian: Missouri softball shuts out UMKC
The Missourian: MU softball team gets another shutout on Sunday