Rachel Phelps lost a piece of clothing tonight as Mizzou won Game 1 of the MU-KSU series tonight in unlikely fashion--by scoring four runs in the top of the ninth and pulling a 4-3 win out of their backsides.
Heading into the 9th, Mizzou had 0 runs on 4 hits off of KSU starter AJ Morris. Here's how the 9th went down:
- Aaron Senne doubles
- Greg Folgia singles, Senne to third
- Thoma Rooke relieves Morris
- Trevor Coleman hits a 3-run homerun to give Mizzou a 3-2 lead.
- Kyle Mach hits a solo homerun to give Mizzou a 4-2 lead.
Four runs on no outs. So Mizzou took a 4-3 lead to the bottom of the ninth, and it was all on Kyle Gibson to complete the win.
- Jason King strikes out
- Drew Biery singles
- Jordan Cruz singles, Biery to third
- Rob Vaughn singles, Biery scores, Cruz to second - 4-3 Mizzou
- Mike Kindel singles, loads the bases
- Jordan Cruz caught stealing (?) at third
- Adam Muenster grounds out
Eight innings of non-drama, followed by chaos...and a Mizzou win.
Rachel Phelps Watch: 14 wins to go for Mizzou.