Dave Matter: Defense dominates Thursday practice
In a day otherwise ruled by the defense, Blaine Gabbert delivered a beauty to Danario Alexander between an oncoming trio of defenders. I can’t recall the last time I saw a Gabbert pass that wasn’t on target. I asked him after practice if he had a choice between being the country’s most accurate quarterback or owning the strongest arm, he didn’t flinch: "You’ve got to be accurate to win. That’s what I’m working on right now." (I’ll say this much about the young QB: He doesn’t say much that will light your notepad on fire, but he says what he’s supposed to.)
- PowerMizzou: Skipping the redshirt?
- Mutigers.com: Tigers' Day Shortened to One Practice
Other videos: PowerMizzou's PMTV: Jobs open on offense
Other Mizzou Football Links!
- The Trib: Kendial can do for Tigers
PowerMizzou: L'Damian Washington a Playmaker in Waiting?
"L'Damian is very quick," Hill said. "And I think he's really intent on being great. I would say that Jared Perry, as a freshman, he was in the same mold, as far as being focus and expecting to play."
Washington, who's also practicing as a punt returner, said Jared Perry has helped him gain the mentality of a playmaker.
"He reminds me everyday, if you're skinny, it don't matter," Washington said. "Just go out, go hard every play, and hopefully the coaches will see that. He remind me of that everyday."
- KC Star: Mizzou secondary, battered last year, seeks a turnaround
- KC Star: Reaction time is crucial
Post-Dispatch: On Gabbert and Gab
"He’s not allowed to be quiet," Yost said. "Those guys need him to be talking. The leadership never ends at that position."
Gabbert already has demonstrated leadership through his work ethic, but Yost insists he can’t simply do it by example.
"They’ve got to hear somebody (on the field) telling them what’s going on," Yost said. Teammates " are looking for somebody."
- PowerMizzou: Free MAILBAG!!!!!
Other Football Links!
- Seattle Times: Alamo Bowl close to a deal with the Pac-10
- Stewart Mandel: Big Ten set to send conferences scrambling for new bowl marriages
- Bring On the Cats: An "Outliers" Analysis: Bill Snyder
- Bring On the Cats: Panjandrum's Preseason Predictions
- Rock Chalk Talk: Kansas Positional Previews: Offensive Line
Other Mizzou Links!
- Big12sports.com: 2009 Big 12 Conference Preseason Volleyball Poll (Mizzou = 8th)
- SEmissourian.com: NCAA infractions committee announces Southeast Missouri State athletic violations
Why is the SEMO link a Mizzou link? Because basketball coach Scott Edgar, one of the folks at the center of the problem, was once a fellow assistant with Mike Anderson at Arkansas. The more you know...