Dave Matter: RT Hoch expected back for opener
Missouri can breath a sigh of relief: The MRI for projected starting right tackle Dan Hoch was clean. The sophomore sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee on Tuesday, team trainer Rex Sharp confirmed to me after Wednesday's morning practice. "It's a very treatable injury," Sharp said. The hope is that Hoch will miss no more than two weeks of practice and be available for the Sept. 5 opener against Illinois.
PowerMizzou: Gearing up for scrimmage
I noticedand Justin Britt both working in with the top two offensive units while and Daniel Jenkins were working more with the threes and fours. Could be we will see two offensive linemen skip a redshirt this year.
Lawrence busted off a nice run. At the tail end, came out of nowhere to level a defensive back who wasn't expecting the hit. An assistant coach yelled out, "That's the way to finish, Palmgren!"
- KC Star: Missouri gets good news on injuries
Mutigers.com: Training Camp Report
Lastly, the #1 offense and #1 defense went at it inside the 10 yardline for a series ... A pass from Gabbert to TE Andrew Jones in the flat was stopped for no gain, then S came up in run support to stuff Washington for no gain. The offense got the last laugh, when Gabbert hit Jones for a 5-yard TD pass to end things...
- PowerMizzou: Practice photos
- PowerMizzou: PMTV: Supporting Spoon
- The Trib: Behind the Stripes Webcast
Other Mizzou Football links!
- ESPN.com (Tim Griffin): Tech, Missouri share curious similarities
- The Trib: Donovan Bonner Found in the shuffle
- PowerMizzou: Newcomer Q&A: Jarrell Harrison
- Post-Dispatch: Big 12 officials target blows to head
- Mizzourah: Scout loves them some Blaine Gabbert
- The Missourian: Dalton making up for early mishaps for Missouri football
- KC Star: Missouri defensive backs fight for playing time
Big 12 links!
- ESPN.com: Ian Harris becomes third Texas Longhorns tight end lost for season
- Omaha World-Herald: NU won't hold back with Zac Lee
Seriously, this is not an original joke by any means, but...at what point is it impossible to avoid Spinal Tap drummer references when talking about Texas TEs?
Other Mizzou links!
The Trib: Final piece of the puzzle?
[Michelle] Makasini was a game-changing talent during three years at Louisiana State. She finished her freshman year as the Southeastern Conference’s second-leading scorer, became the third player in program history to earn all-conference honors in 2007. She also earned All-American honors from Top Drawer Soccer as a freshman and sophomore....
"I kind of had lost the love for the game, and for my senior year, I just really wanted to do it up big," she said after a recent practice at Walton Stadium. "I knew right away when I visited that being here would just be a perfect way to complete my four years of soccer."
Finally, I would be remiss (and not me) if I didn't link to a couple of my latest Insider contributions...1) Big 12 Divisional Analysis (and why NU's overrated) and 2) ACC Divisional Analysis (and why BC's underrated).
And while we're at it, our strange lovefest (or maybe just reference-fest) with TampaBay.com continues...