Weekend Practice Reports!
The Trib: Saturday Practice Report
Wide receiver T.J. Moe took turns returning punts today. The job is cornerback Carl Gettis' for now, Pinkel has said. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Moe get more looks there as the season continues.
- PowerMizzou: Practice Report: Two weeks to go
Mutigers.com: Saturday Tiger Training Camp Report
The number one defense next went up against the number two offense in the same scenario. After allowing one first down to near midfield, the defense stiffened and created a 4th-and-9 situation, as good pass coverage and a strong pass rush from DE Brian Coulter forced an incompletion on 3rd down. But on 4th down, WR Rolandis Woodland got behind coverage and QB Jimmy Costello lofted a perfect pass that Woodland caught in stride inside the 10-yardline, and he took it the rest of the way for what amounted to a 51-yard score.
- The Missourian: Blaine Gabbert's arm strength opens up Missouri offense
- The Trib: BTS Video: Pinkel on Friday's practice
Other Mizzou Football Links!
KC Star: Chase Daniel makes his mark
Daniel went six for eight for 58 yards with touchdowns to fellow rookie Marko Mitchell and tight end Fred Davis. Washington coach Jim Zorn said Daniel has a shot at the No. 3 job, but Daniel knows he’s also auditioning for other teams.
"It’s just good to go out there and get on some film," Daniel said. "I’ve got three series under my belt. I still made some mistakes out there; that’ll come along with experience. I’ve got a long way to go."
- The Missourian: TJ Moe catching on as receiver for Missouri
- The Missourian: Missouri freshman linebacker (Donovan Bonner) works his way up
- The Trib: Mizzou finding their own identity
- PowerMizzou: Like Father, Unlike Son: Final Week
- PowerMizzou: Texas LB Tevin Thompson sets Mizzou visit date
- PowerMizzou: PMTV: Liberty WR Marcus Lucas in action
And here's a pretty neat traditions video (via Mizzourah) to boot. Here's part one...for part two, follow the link.
Big 12 Links!
Topeka Capital-Journal: Mangino optimistic, unsure
Other Mizzou Links!
- The Missourian: Missouri basketball recruit Dewitt doesn't clear NCAA
The Trib: MU volleyball motivated to get back to NCAAs
For the first time in nine years, MU (13-17, 7-13 Big 12) missed the postseason. Players cited poor chemistry and inexperience — the Tigers often fielded as many as four first-year players — which resulted in Missouri’s most uneven play in nine seasons under Kreklow and his wife, Susan.
This season, MU returns much of its production while a key pair of transfers offer reinforcement. Junior outside hitter Paola Ampudia, voted Big 12 newcomer of the year, and junior Rosa Medrano, a Dominican Republic native who can play anywhere on the floor, are expected to contribute instantly after transferring from Miami Dade Community College.
- Mutigers.com: Tigers top Iowa to open soccer season (in case you missed The Beef's link over the weekend)
Thanks to the supposed strong emergence of Tyler Stone and John Underwood, the loss of Dewitt isn't as painful as it could have been, though I still feel bad for him. Maybe he comes here in two years? Also, make sure to read the volleyball link, if just for the Pedro Martinez reference.