Final Scrimmage Reports!
The Trib: Final Scrimmage Report
Here's how the No. 1 offense fared in its possessions: punt, Washington TD run, punt, field goal. The No. 1 defense gave the No. 2 offense little breathing room, forcing a three-and-out, interception, three-and-out and three-and-out. By my count, the No. 1 defense gave up all of 23 yards on 18 snaps.
PowerMizzou: Final scrimmage report
Linebacker Will Ebner hurt his neck during the middle of the scrimmage, and sat out the rest. He was seen walking around fine, although it appeared his neck was stiff. It doesn't look too serious, and Pinkel said he'll have it checked out, but more for precautionary reasons.
- PowerMizzou: One Last Look
- PowerMizzou: PMTV: Scrimmage Wrap-Up
Mutigers.com: Final Scrimmage Brings Camp to a Close
With the move indoors, the format of the scrimmage was altered significantly, which meant that no score was kept on the day. Junior TB Derrick Washington had the lone touchdown of the day, when he scored on a 5-yard run early on. Sophomore QB Blaine Gabbert was an efficient 11-of-14 passing for 84 yards, with senior WR Danario Alexander being his favorite target on the day (4 catches, 42 yards).
- KC Star: Mizzou's No. 2 quarterback has yet to emerge
The Missourian: Missouri pass rush highlights final scrimmage
"You look at the three (defensive) ends competing for those starting two jobs, and all three of those guys could start anywhere across the nation," Jimmy Costello said. "For us to have all three of those guys fighting for two spots, we're very fortunate."
- The Maneater: MU football completes summer training
- Post-Dispatch: Tigers still have questions
Other Mizzou Football Links!
- The Trib: Hunted becomes hunter
- Grand Island Independent: Former Husker pledge Gabbert feeling no pressure
- Mizzourah: Mizzou Fans, This Is Your Punter
- Campus Corner (KC Star): Stalking Sean Weatherspoon and Kimmie English
- Campus Corner (KC Star): This Bud's for You, Mizzou
The Trib's First & Ten release now has its own URL.
Mizzou Recruiting Links!
Big 12 (and Other Mizzou Opponent) Links!
- Tulsa World: ESPN's Herbstreit discusses OU, OSU and the national scene
- Huskers Illustrated: Wednesday Notebook: Pelini not happy with practice
- Topeka Capital-Journal: Can K-State play D?
- Dallas Morning News: Vondrell McGee takes No. 1 running back spot on UT depth chart
- IlliniHQ.com: Terry Hawthorne Trying Defense (via)
Other Mizzou Links!
- Mutigers.com: Mizzou Basketball Adds to National TV Slate
- Campus Corner (KC Star): Mizzou Will Set Record for National TV in Hoops
- The Missourian: Missouri soccer team hungry for more
- The Maneater: Missouri Volleyball hosts Tiger Invitational to start regular season
For those who haven't seen it, Streetballers, Jimmy McKinney's silver screen debut, comes out soon, and the trailer has been posted online (saw it via the PowerMizzou boards):
And of course...