Mizzou football links!
- PowerMizzou (free): Five battles to watch in fall camp
KC Star: Chase Daniel adjusting to a new role
Daniel made some nice throws early in Saturday’s practice, but coach Jim Zorn was almost always there to offer some sort of critique afterward. Daniel also has to battle his height — he’s only 6 feet tall. At one point, he walked over to speak to former Washington quarterback Joe Theismann, who is the same height.
"He was saying, ‘Us short guys, we can make it. We’ve just got to try harder. We’ve got to find lanes to throw to,’ " Daniel said. "He did it. I feel like I can do it."
- PowerMizzou: Most Valuable Tiger #1 (yeah, it's who you think it is)
- KC Star's Campus Corner: Are Misery's Tigers a Thing of the Past?
- PowerMizzou (message boards): somebody noticed that, thanks to some cramming in of the seats in the student section, Faurot Field now has a capacity of 71,004.
- The Trib: Does Jim Johnson belong in the Mizzou Hall of Fame for his post-Mizzou accomplishments? (I say hell yes.)
Mizzou basketball links!
- The Missourian: Ricky Kreklow makes commitment to hometown Tigers
KC Star: 'Diehard Tiger fan' says yes to MU hoops
L.J. Goolsby, his AAU coach at KC Pump ‘N’ Run, said it was a case of a longtime Mizzou fan staying home rather than take offer from Virginia or Stanford to leave Columbia.
"It’s big," Goolsby said. "Ricky’s a diehard Tiger fan.
Mutigers.com: J.Y.D. returns to Mizzou
Big 12 Links!
- The Trib: Big 12 teams try to control the damage
- Omaha World-Herald: 12 important things I learned at the Big 12 media days
- Dallas Morning News: Blockbuster II in Big 12 this year?
- Denver Post: A look ahead: Colorado football
With two weeks to the signing deadline, Trrip at SimmonsField.com finds some updates with Mizzou's picks.
Finally, if you're so inclined, it looks like Mizzou, or at least Mizzou's poster, needs a bit of help at Wiz of Odds...and while you're there, there's also a nice post about Lee Corso's comeback from a stroke...
Oh yeah, and just because...