Bowling Green Links!
- PowerMizzou: Falcons Insider: Five Questions for Saturday
- The Maneater: Tigers look to use opening win as momentum-builder
- KC Star: MU-Bowling Green football preview
BGSUfalcons.com: Football Press Conference Quotes Prior to Missouri (lots of good YouTube clips here)
- BGSUfalcons.com: Falcons Look for 2-0 Start; Face Missouri on Saturday
- The Trib: Behind the Stripes Webcast: Episode 5, Part 2
Other Mizzou Football Links!
KC Star: Missouri without Blaine Gabbert? It almost happened
Pinkel downplayed the what-if scenario regarding Gabbert.
"If J-Mac (former All-American Jeremy Maclin) didn’t come here, would I still be standing here?" Pinkel countered.
Frankly, Missouri probably would be without another rising sophomore star if Gabbert had stuck with his commitment to Nebraska.
Wes Kemp, a receiver who caught Gabbert’s first college touchdown pass last Saturday, was headed for Wisconsin.
Soon after Gabbert ditched Nebraska for Missouri, Kemp received a text message from the soon-to-be Tiger quarterback. Soon after that, Kemp swapped allegiance from Wisconsin to Mizzou.
- The Trib: MU offense altered to fit Gabbert, teammates
- The Missourian: Will Ebner seeks more big hits for Missouri
- The Missourian: Kick returner wears No. 9 for reasons other than Jeremy Maclin
- Post-Dispatch: New connections no problem for Missouri Tigers
- PowerMizzou: 2010 Recruiting Mailbag: Second Edition
- PowerMizzou: PMTV: Ready to Run
The Trib: MU goes for big picture at Faurot
Fans at Memorial Stadium can also expect an improved sound quality. In the past, Moller said, some fans have complained that they could not hear the game at certain spots in the stadium.
"Our old system was pretty antiquated," Moller said. "If you added up the number of complaints and concerns you received from fans over the years, far and away that’s what people wanted improved the most," he said. "As impressed as people are going to be with the new video board, they’re going to be even more satisfied with the new sound system."
- Independence Examiner: Early success, failure can change
Big 12 Links!
- Dr. Saturday: Upset Bait: Another CyHawk shocker?
Daily Oklahoman: Call it a season, Sam
Hate to say this, but part of me is thinking Bradford shouldn’t return.
Bradford knows what’s best for him, and so do his consensus All-American parents.
But here is what would happen if Bradford opted not to return:
→ Coach Bob Stoops wouldn’t field daily questions about Bradford’s injury.
→ Playbook changes wouldn’t be changed back upon Bradford’s return.
→ Every OU player, coach and fan wouldn’t have one eye on the sideline, wondering when Bradford might return.
→ Redshirt freshman and replacement quarterback Landry Jones wouldn’t be looking over his shoulder.
→ Players in the Sooner offensive huddle wouldn’t be looking over Jones’ shoulder.
You get the idea.
- Daily Oklahoman: How to win with Landry Jones
- Rock Chalk Talk: Kansas vs UTEP Tale of the Tape
- KC Star: Kansas' Dezmon Briscoe keeps absentee father out of his life
- Corn Nation: An Honest Look at Nebraska versus Arkansas State
- ESPN.com (Tim Griffin): OSU concerned about focus following Georgia win
- Daily Oklahoman: Rise in stature has resulted in a recruiting bonanza for Oklahoma State
- ESPN.com (Tim Griffin): Big 12 predictions for Week 2
Yeah, Bradford should just shut it down because it'll make Landry Jones paranoid. Uh huh. What a great idea. OU might go 7-5 instead of still fighting for 11-1, but hey...at least Bob Stoops won't have to answer any more questions about him! Oy...
Other Mizzou Links!
The Trib: Phil Pressey paying a visit
Longtime Missouri recruiting target Phil Pressey will make his official visit to Columbia this weekend. The diminutive point guard from the Episcopal School of Dallas should have a fairly typical recruit experience, watching current Tigers take part in individual workouts on Saturday afternoon and attending the Missouri football team's home opener against Bowling Green that night....
"He likes them," Pressey's high school coach, Corey Henderson, said of his interest in the Tigers. "He's done some unofficial visits, so he's seen the campus. He talks about their great facilities, the coaching staff, the players.
"At this point, when you've narrowed it down to X amount of schools, if there was a school that's on that list, that means he's really, really serious about that school. There's not a school on that list that he's not serious about. He's taking his time and digesting all of it and just trying to figure out what's the best fit for him."
- Mutigers.com: No. 25 Soccer Team to Face Two Rank Opponents
- The Missourian: Missouri soccer captain leads team by example
- SimmonsField.com: Mizzou Baseball Quotes & Notes