Again, this ballot is a draft and therefore open to discussion, debate and rearrangement.
|Last week's ballot|
Dropped Out: Notre Dame (#14), Florida State (#25).
- Top six stay the same, although I contemplated pushing USC over Alabama into the 3 spot.
- I'll admit that I'm not liking what I have at 7-10.
- Spots 11-14 are my "best one-loss" tier. I think these four are really rearrangeable in any order.
- I didn't do it on purpose, but Thursday night's roller coaster game against Clemson drops Georgia Tech six spots. It was literally impossible to draw any conclusions from that game.
- Houston hops on that ballot at No. 21. Higher? Lower?
- Despite the competition, Nebraska has been the most impressive/consistent team in the North, so they get the nod at No. 22 for now. I really wrestled with not including Missouri.
- Part of me wanted to rank Michigan last week, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I feel confident in doing it now. Forcier makes them Big Ten contenders.
- Too harsh dropping Notre Dame off the ballot?