Dave Matter: Behind the Numbers: MU vs Furman
Furman operates out of a spread offense but runs a variety of option plays. The Paladins have run the ball on 60 percent of its snaps from scrimmage as their top two backs, fullback Tersoo Uhaa and tailback Jerry Williams, have averaged 5.2 yards per carry. Quarterback Jordan Sorrells, the son of offensive coordinator Tim Sorrells, has been accurate (71.4 percent) and efficient (162.9 rating) through two starts. The Paladins have converted an impressive 16 third downs on 22 attempts.
- The Missourian: Economics big part of Furman-Missouri football game
- The Trib: Behind the Stripes Webcast: Episode 6, Part 1
Other Mizzou Football Links!
The Missourian: Smitten too soon
In my defense, Gabbert makes it easy for any football enthusiast to get worked up.
The physical stuff is entrancing for anyone with a scouting eye. He looks more like a defensive end than a quarterback. A handshake with Gabbert makes me feel like a toddler. He threw a pass against Illinois from the left hash-mark to the right sideline that was coming so hard it hit his intender receiver in the face. In the face!
Gabbert has every attribute of an elite quarterback. And if he puts them all together he may end up being the best quarterback in the history of Missouri football. Heck, he might end being the best quarterback in the history of the Big 12 for all I know. But right now, he's neither.
- The Trib: MU has no fear of commitment to run
- PowerMizzou: The Opening Act for Kendial Lawrence
- Post-Dispatch: Mizzou's Aldon Smith is a handful
- PowerMizzou: [Mizzou commit Greg] White enjoys official visit
- The Trib: Fans deal with snafus in seating policy
- Palestra.net: Mizzou's Kicker Proving His Worth
Our boy Ridiculous Matt talks Big 12 Football!
BusterSports: Big 12 Football Highlights | Oklahoma State Gets Dropped by Houston
Other Big 12 Links!
- Double T Nation: Five Reasons Texas Tech Will Lose :: Texas Longhorns Edition
- Tulsa World: Sooners fell hard during Idaho State's goal-line stand
- Denver Post: CU coach Hawkins feeling the hot seat
Other Mizzou Links!
Mutigers.com: Tiller Named Top 10 Defender
Mutigers.com: Basketball Releases TV Schedule
Mutigers.com: Volleyball draws first blood in Border Showdown
Our Boy Uribe: Coach Kreklow's postgame comments: Kansas
The Trib: Leader with a heavy hand
FJM on Deadspin!
For those who loved FireJoeMorgan.com back in its day, the crew took over Deadspin yesterday, with predictably funny results...
- Welcome Letter
- The Utterance Of This Word Should Be Punishable By Death
- In A Time Of Mourning, Our Nation Turns Its Eyes to Jair Jurrjens
- Food Metaphor Of The Year
- Jesus Is The Derek Jeter Of Christianity
And finally, this rules...