Nevada Wrap-Up Links!
Dave Matter: Emptying the Notebook
These Tigers don't beat Tigers: Missouri has been far from perfect in any area, but it has the makings of a well-schooled, disciplined team. The Tigers are the least penalized team in the Big 12 and are tied for the second-best turnover margin. The punting has been exceptional, second-best in the Big 12. Grant Ressel hasn't missed a field goal or PAT and leads the nation in kicking points with 45. Most important, and the biggest change from last year, the defense isn't giving up huge chunks of yardage on explosive plays. For the most part, all four opponents had to work for their touchdowns, or they inherited favorable field position after a turnover or special teams return.
"We do a lot of good stuff," Pinkel said Friday night.
- Bleacher Report: Forget the Rankings: Mizzou Should Be Happy with Zero Losses
- Mizzourah: Post-game Thoughts: Nevada
- The Maneater: Tigers come up big against Nevada
And while we wait for ZouDave's computer to spit out the official unofficial Mizzou-Nevada highlights, our very own mestizo threw together his own contribution...
Other Mizzou Football Links!
The Missourian: So far, Gabbert's passing numbers impressive
[T]aken as a whole, Gabbert's numbers so far do show one thing for certain. He is as good as Pinkel and the Tiger coaching staff could have hoped. And struggles like the ones against Bowling Green and Nevada are only going to make him better.
"He found out a little about himself," Pinkel said. "That's part of the maturation process. There will be a lot of other things that young quarterbacks go through."
- Post-Dispatch: Gary Pinkel: MU has to run the ball better
- Dave Matter: Pinkel tackles Tigers' running game
- PowerMizzou: Audio: Pinkel addresses run game
- PowerMizzou: Ups and downs of the non-conference season
- PowerMizzou: Texas wideout has two on top
NE StatePaper.com: It's a New Year
Big 12 Links!
- Post-Dispatch: Injuries, inconsistencies cloud Big 12 picture
- Smart Football: Two coaching decisions, a review
- Bring On the Cats: Bring on FARMAGEDDON!!!!
Daily Oklahoman: No decision yet on OU quarterback Sam Bradford
Dr. Saturday: Tebow and Bradford on their way back, but what's the hurry?
- Dallas Morning News: Texas A&M marches out from anonymity into Cowboys Stadium
Other Mizzou Links!
- MU Basketball
MUtigers.com: Hoops Hosts Walk-On Tryouts
- MU Volleyball
Our Very Own Uribe Auction: Coach Kreklow Q&A: Week five
MUtigers.com: Volleyball Heads to Baylor Wednesday
- MU Soccer
The Trib: A long time coming
- MU Tennis
The Missourian: Newcomers impressive in Missouri tennis team's fall debut
So...surely we've got somebody willing to try out for a basketball walk-on slot, don't we? Mcboomofdoom? Anyone?
As RPT mentioned last night on Twitter, you can't read/hear about Stafon Johnson without developing developing some breathing difficulties. Thoughts and prayers to him...that's really scary.
As for the Wiz of Odds link...what can I say...a 114% completion rate is really good...