Mizzou Football Links!
The Sporting News: David Yost Q&A: Mizzou OC talks about QB Blaine Gabbert
SN: Was the Illinois game just the tip of the iceberg?DY: He's extremely talented. What it comes down to is he's got to do it on a week-in, week-out basis. You can't just have a good game and all of a sudden nothing's going to change. People are going to test him; people are going to blitz him. It's a challenge to him to have the same type of practices when a lot of people are talking about how good you are. That's what everybody's going to be saying. That's a challenge for him and a challenge for us, to keep all the guys focused.
- KC Star (Jason Whitlock...yikes): Missouri's Gabbert is the new QB love of my life
- KC Star: Missouri's Gabbert and Kemp find measure of success
HuskerExtra.com: Tigers, Sooners see reversals of fortunes
"With all we’re fighting through, right now it’s just taking it week by week," OU coach Bob Stoops said when asked about his team holding on to its national championship aspirations.
Strange how things worked out in the span of a few hours on the opening Saturday of the season. Before then, we all would have sworn it would be Pinkel who would talk about surviving and Stoops proclaiming the Sooners hadn’t gone away.
- Post-Dispatch: Mizzou revives the quarterback sneak
- Post-Dispatch: Gabbert sees some room to improve
- The Missourian: Missouri football testing youth, depth
- Campus Corner (KC Star): Dan Hoch eased in
- Topeka Capital-Journal: Motivated Tigers impressive
Bowling Green Links!
- Mutigers.com: OFFICIAL RELEASE!!!!!!
Dave Matter: Pinkel discusses O-line, home opener
Pinkel touched on other topics, including the chip his team carried on its shoulder heading into Saturday's 37-9 victory over Illinois.
"I think so, I also think that’s OK," he said. "I mean, there’s some other national programs that when they lose a lot of players and have a lot of players drafted, people just assume they’re going to reload. But you have to earn that. That’s what I told my players, 'You have to earn all those things.' I think they certainly did have a chip. My approach to them is it’s our opportunity to show we have a pretty decent football team. And I’m proud of the way they played."
- Dave Matter: Tigers meet the press
- Mutigers.com: Missouri press conference quotes
- PowerMizzou: PMTV: Coach's Quotes
- BGSUfalcons.com: Falcons Top Troy, 31-14, to Open Clawson Era
- BGSUfalcons.com: Freddie Barnes Named MAC East Offensive Player of the Week
Big 12 Links!
ESPN.com (Tim Griffin): My Big 12 weekend gradebook
Missouri: A. The Tigers had the most solid performance of the weekend -- and maybe the most underrated one in college football. Blaine Gabbert was a first-game revelation. And where did that defense come from?
Colorado: F. Where do I begin? The Buffaloes were supposed to have a physical, dominating offensive line with heralded running back Darrell Scott as the key to their running game. After one carry against Colorado State, wonder if Scott is regretting he didn’t go to Texas? The Buffs looked slow and unorganized on offense and were repeatedly blistered by big plays on defense. Toss in a dropped TD pass and some late-game charity and the Buffaloes could have been beaten Sunday night by 20 points. And it won’t get any easier considering their short work week heading into the Toledo game.
- Burnt Orange Nation: Week One Injury Report
- Post-Dispatch: OU's Bradford will be out two to four weeks
- Daily Oklahoman: Brody Eldridge back working at tight end
- Crimson & Cream Machine: How Mistakes and Penalties Killed OU Against BYU
- Waco Tribune: Finding a way to win close game huge for Baylor
- Ralphie Report: Monday Buff Bites - QB's Hansen, Evans to Redshirt; Coach Hagan Says Darrell Scott Not Hurt, Needs Carries
Other Mizzou Links!
- Mizzou Baseball
SimmonsField.com: Mizzou Baseball Quotes & Notes
- Mizzou Soccer
Mutigers.com: No. 21 Mizzou Blows Past Rhode Island, 7-1
Mutigers.com: Missouri defeated by Long Beach State 4-1
- Mizzou Volleyball
Mutigers.com: Volleyball Handed First Loss of '09
Mutigers.com: Volleyball Rebounds, Tops UVU 3-1
Mutigers.com: Volleyball's Upset Bid Falls Short
Smart Football: Urban Meyer to NFL Coaches: I'm not impressed
And finally, the new greatest website in the world: StunnedFans.com.