Next things next: sound the alarms! Mizzou has another commit! His name is Brad McNulty, a thick (6'3, 309 pounds) offensive lineman out of Allen, TX. He is the 12th commitment (third offensive lineman) in what will likely be a rather small recruiting class. Welcome, Mr. McNulty!
Mizzou Football Links
The Trib (Dave Matter): Yost talks QB, run game
On Gabbert's injury affecting play-calling ...
"You take it into account. What we do in a lot of our game, very seldom is he designed to run any more with what we do, especially with the bubble stuff. Will we run speed option? It might be in the plan, it might not be in the plan depending on if we like it or not and depending on how he goes throughout the week. Him pulling it and running it, that does happen sometimes. I think it’s happened four to five games on the season so far. But for the most part, we kind of control the backside end and the backside backer with the bubble more than the quarterback pulling it and running it. We still have that in the game plan.
"Will he still have to pull it? Yes. Even last year when he had his ankle, there were times against Colorado where he pulled two in that game and got over 10 yards. Also, they weren’t expecting him to pull it because of his ankle. You’ve got to be smart about when to get down. He went up and was actually going down when he got hit" on Saturday. "But he got hit very similar to the Michael Vick shot. He got hit on both sides at the same time. So, instead of getting hit on one side and giving, he got squeezed. That put a lot of pressure on that hip."
PowerMizzou: Tuesday Tiger Notebook
PowerMizzou: Tuesday's Top Tigers
KBIA Sports Extra: VIDEO: Jacquies Smith talks about the Texas A&M offense
KC Star: MU's Jacquies Smith gets chance to make name for himself
Post-Dispatch: J. Smith stepping up on MU defense
- The Trib: Gabbert says bruised hip won't keep him out of A&M game
- Fox Sports MW: Blaine Gabbert to start despite injury
- The Missourian: Missouri freshman linebacker's pedigree easy to see
- ESPN.com Big 12 Blog: Midseason Review: Missouri
- NBC Sports: Missouri-Texas A&M Preview
- PowerMizzou: 2011 Football hot board
- PowerMizzou: 2010 Tiger recruiting mailbag
- MUtigers.com Blog: Tigers in the NFL - Week 5
Big 12 Links
Dr. Saturday: Pelini makes peace with Texas' extra second
Corn Nation: Nebraska vs Texas - What Will the Longhorns Do On Offense?
Dallas Morning News: Huskers coach trying to calm fans thirsty for revenge on Texas
Dallas Morning News: Tom Osborne: On Texas rivalry and leaving the Big 12
Lincoln Journal-Star: Pelini: Garrett Gilbert won't get frazzled
Lincoln Journal-Star: LT Jeremiah Sirles ready for another Big 12 test
Austin American-Statesman: Lavonte David a budding defensive star for Nebraska
San Antonio Express-News: Horns hope to be healed in time for Huskers
Daily Oklahoman: Bob Stoops: Sooners 'very aware' of how good Iowa State can be
Ames Tribune: Alexander Robinson's injury has ISU look toward freshmen
Crimson & Cream Machine: Stoops: "Obviously We Struggle Recruiting Good Kickers"
Topeka Capital-Journal: KSU defense seeks redemption
KC Star: KU not intimidated by K-State star
KC Star: K-State's Thomas eager to break out against Kansas
Cowboys Ride For Free: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: Criticisms of the OSU/ULL game
Cowboys Ride For Free: Texas Tech | What to Hate, What to Respect
Boulder Daily Camera: CU Buffs' Anthony Perkins, Brian Lockridge out for the season with injuries
The Ralphie Report: Brian Lockridge To Undergo Season Ending Surgery
KC Star (Campus Corner): KU's Torbush says Jayhawks need better players (HAHAHAHA TORRRRRBUSH!!!)
Mizzou Basketball Links
- MUtigers.com: Mizzou Basketball Media Day Coverage
- The Trib (Steve Walentik): Anderson still hoping to add Mitchell
- The Missourian: Mike Anderson relies on leadership of returners
- KC Star: Missouri Notes | Anderson's Tigers are one big happy family
- KC Star: MU looking to Ratliffe to be a force inside
- Post-Dispatch: MU basketball has talented group coming in
- KBIA Sports Extra: VIDEO: Justin Safford on his recovery from ACL surgery and the addition of Ricardo Ratliffe
- The Missourian: PHOTOS: Missouri media day
Other Mizzou Links
MUtigers.com: Nick Marable Earns TheMat.com's Weekly Award
Finally, for those who may be involved in or members of Mizzou's Journalism Student Council, we have been asked to speak to the group about social media and blogging, and since RPT will be in College Station with the volleyball team, I'm on the docket for tonight at 7:30. Prepare to be, uh, blown away.