So ... that was fun last night ... but hey, at least everybody was distracted by getting screwed in bowls (again) for a few hours, huh?
Georgetown > Mizzou
- MUtigers.com: No. 9 Missouri Falls in OT to No. 16 Georgetown, 111-102
The Trib: Hoyas stun Tigers in overtime
The Trib (Joe Walljasper): A lot of wrongs but more rights on this night
By Michael Dixon’s count, there were 50 things the Missouri basketball team could have done differently that would have changed the outcome of last night’s 111-102 overtime loss to Georgetown at the Sprint Center.
In the last 20 seconds of regulation alone there were two missed foul shots by Laurence Bowers, a missed free throw and clock-stopping foul by Dixon and a loose ball that Kim English saved under the basket rather than heaving to halfcourt.
Even so, the word Dixon used to describe the game was "awesome."
Correct. The story of the game wasn’t what went wrong.
From the atmosphere to the effort to the skill to the guts shown by both teams — it was all good....
Still, Anderson hardly sounded defeated afterward. The Tigers showed more in their first loss than they had their five victories. They shot 56.3 percent from the field. They turned the ball over just three times in 25 minutes after halftime. They came up with 14 steals.
They were equal partners in an awesome show. Hope we can see it again in March.
KBIA Sports Extra: Mizzou drops heartbreaker to Georgetown in Kansas City
KBIA Sports Extra: Mike Dixon: "I guess everybody gets a night like they got tonight"
KBIA Sports Extra: PHOTO GALLERY: Georgetown 111, Mizzou 102 (OT)
KBIA Sports Extra: VIDEO: At the least, Mizzou/Georgetown provided incredible basketball
The Missourian: Wright's clutch shot helps Georgetown beat Missouri in overtime
The Missourian: Free throws contribute to Missouri's overtime loss
KC Star: No. 16 Georgetown tops No. 9 Missouri in overtime
KC Star (Upon Further Review): Everything that could go wrong...
I can’t give you the exact odds of losing a game when a team has a four point lead with 19 seconds left and they are standing at the line with two free throws, but I can come pretty close. I calculated the odds at 99.40%. But, for every 994 wins, there are six devastating losses. This was one of those.
- Post-Dispatch: Tigers shot down in OT in a wild one
PowerMizzou: PHOTOS: Tigers fall in OT (free)
PowerMizzou: PMTV: Locker Room Report
- Washington Post: No. 16 Georgetown survives in regulation then cruises past No. 9 Missouri in overtime
- Fox Sports MW: Missouri undone by Georgetown in OT
- Casual Hoya: The Heart Attack Hoyas Are Back
- The Dagger: In the game of the year so far, Georgetown beats Missouri
- Rush the Court: Georgetown Lights Up the Heartland
- ESPN.com (Andy Katz): Big East tries to steal ACC/Big Ten thunder
- Big 12 Hoops: Georgetown Defeats Missouri in Overtime in Kansas City
- The Trib (Dave Matter): Texas A&M headed to Cotton Bowl
- The Missourian: MU could be passed over again for top bowls
KC Star (Campus Corner): Mizzou won't pour bowl whine this year
KC Star (Campus Corner): MU's Alden Doesn't Anticipate Other Early Bowl Decisions
Post-Dispatch: Cotton Bowl picks Texas A&M over MU
Post-Dispatch: Is Cotton's pick of Texas A&M fair to Mizzou?
Post-Dispatch (Jeff Gordon): So-so fan support dooms Mizzou to so-so bowl
Other Mizzou Football Links
- We Are Mizzou: Defensive Plays of the Week
The Trib (Dave Matter): Big 12 coaches vote three Tigers first-team all-conference
The Trib (Dave Matter): My AP All-Big 12 ballot
- PowerMizzou: Tuesday's Top Tigers
- PowerMizzou: Tiger recruiting mailbag (Free)
Other Mizzou/Big 12 Football Links
- Tulsa World: League better, overall
Big 12 Championship
Tulsa World (Dandy Dave Sittler): Big 12 should root for a proper Husker goodbye
CBS Sports: Nebraska may use two QBs in Big 12 Championship
Tulsa World: Iowa's 1981 upset of NU is epic for Stoops
Other Mizzou Links