Mizzou Basketball LInks
- MUtigers.com: Mizzou Tackles Clemson on Friday
- Tiger Illustrated (Clemson's Rivals.com site): Tigers vs. Tigers
- The Trib: Surgery can wait for Laurence Bowers
- The Trib: Tigers eager to erase bad taste
The Trib (Steve Walentik): Anderson talks Clemson, NCAA Tournament
On if there's an advantage or disadvantage playing a team with a similar defensive philosophy ...
When you talk about teams and how we play, I think the players are going to enjoy playing. It won't be a walk it up and down the floor. You'll see some athletic plays. You'll see some highlight plays. You'll see some balls going everywhere, turnovers, and so it's going to be interesting to see how it all works out. But (Purnell) said it best, it's going to be an entertaining game, one of those first-round games that if you're it, you better stay glued to the set because something can happen at any point in time. But the kids will go out and have fun. I think that's the most important thing. They're all going to be trying to play their hearts out to win. I'm sure Oliver will have his team ready, and hopefully we'll have our team ready. But in terms of advantage, we'll see who's putting it in the hole that night, whose defense can hold up. We want to be an unpredictable team. So I just think it's a very good matchup to start off the NCAA Tournament.
- The Missourian: Clemson senior Trevor Booker looks to leave a legacy
- The Missourian: Missouri back to where it all began
- KC Star: MU's opponent Clemson hasn't fared well as a higher seed
- Post-Dispatch: MU's style plays well in Tourney
- PowerMizzou: Audio: Anderson ready to dance
- KC Star (Campus Corner): Mizzou's Anderson Contends 96 Teams Too Much
NCAA Tournament Links
- KC Star (Upon Further Review): BRACKET MADNESS
- Harvard Sports Analysis: Predicting NCAA Tournament Upsets: The Underdogs
- Basketball-Reference.com Blog: NCAA Tournament First Impressions
- SI.com (Andy Staples): In NCAA tournament selection unconscious human bias exists
- Basketball Prospectus: The Meaning of Seeding
Big 12 Links
- The Missourian: The Big 12's seven
Wall Street Journal (The Daily Fix): NCAA Tournament 2010: Kansas Hurt by Nutty Seeding
The Dagger: Seven eerie reasons No. 16 Lehigh could upset No. 1 Kansas
Dallas Morning News: A&M coach: 'I really thought we'd be a four seed, but I'm happy to be a five.'
- Dallas Morning News: Best college hoops state in the country? It's Texas, with 7 tourney teams
The Trib (Dave Matter): Catching up with the coordinators
BTS: You have a lot of depth at the receiver and tight end positions but other than Wes Kemp and Jerrell Jackson, not many established players. What’s your early take on this group?
Yost:This kind of goes back to 2006. That year, you had guys who had played but nobody had really separated themselves as guys who would demand the football a large portion of the time. That year, (Jared) Perry and (Danario) Alexander both played as true freshmen. In a perfect world you want a bunch of guys who can play and a bunch of guys you can plug in so you can play faster and keep more guys fresh. That’s not always the case. Sometimes it’s due to your depth. Sometime it’s due to the fact you don’t want to take a guy out. … But we’ve got a bunch of guys, a bunch of really talented guys that we recruited that we think can help us. Now it’s a matter of who can rise up and demand the football.
PowerMizzou: Transferring success
"Oh, of course I know about Pig Brown," [Jerrell] Harrison said through a laugh. "I know he was probably their best Cover-2 safety, because he was so good from the hash to the sidelines. He was a playmaker, that's what I heard about him."
Harrison remembered one of his first meetings with Pinkel. Inevitably, Brown's name came up.
"He talked about how Pig was a vocal leader, and the guys listened to him," Harrison said. "He came out and demanded the best out of his guys."
"Whatever he said, you did," [Jasper] Simmons said.
- National Football Post: Sean Weatherspoon has private workout in Atlanta
Other Mizzou Links
The Trib: Missouri softball team keeps winning
MUtigers.com (Blog): Mizzou Baseball Player & Pitcher of the Week - March 15
The Trib: Not as easy as it looks
SPORTSbyBROOKS: Memo: Tech President Didn't Want to Fire Leach
And finally ... I felt this was worth sharing ...