The first non-Lebron story on today's SportsCenter came 26 minutes in. And they flipped back to LeBron three minutes later. Wow. This is going to be worse than Favre.
(My only thoughts on the matter: as a great Pirates blogger pointed out last night, the similarities between the Cavs and 1992 Pirates are absolutely frightening. Hope he stays with Cleveland, just because I'm a fan of the underdog and the underdog city. Plus, New York would still suck without him, and Chicago is Jordan's city. Think the pressure and the MJ comparisons are strong now? See what happens if you're playing in MJ's arena 41 times a year. Stay with Cleveland. Now I will try to tune the story out for the next two months.)
- Double-T Nation: Conference Expansion, Contraction, Realignment and Texas Tech (couldn't even figure out what to excerpt -- just a wonderful post)
- Corn Nation: Does Playing in the Big 12 influence Nebraska's Ability to Recruit in Texas?
- Lincoln Journal-Star: Oklahoma president sees Big 12 remaining intact
- Topeka Capital-Journal: What's the realignment reality?
The Daily Gopher: The Case for Syracuse
The Daily Gopher: The Case for UConn
- Dallas Morning News: Detroit columnist: Without Texas, Notre Dame, Big Ten expansion 'is a joke'
- San Jose Mercury News: Pac-10 expansion: Revisiting the BYU issue
- College Football Talk: ND's Kelly on expansion: 'Nothing better than being an independent'
- Team Speed Kills: Always Beware Sensationalism (part expansion-related, part just-really-good-post)
And from Ivan Maisel...
2. Rutgers sent out a press release Wednesday trumpeting how the football team is the only state university to rank in the top 10 percent in the NCAA Academic Progress Report scores in each of the last three seasons. It’s also the only one of those schools to win a bowl game last season. Yoo-hoo! Big Ten! Are you listening? We play football and we’re smart! Yoo-hoo! Over here!
3. Speaking of which, Oklahoma State uber-booster Boone Pickens opined Wednesday that he doesn’t believe the Cowboys should leave the Big 12 for another conference. That’s interesting, because Oklahoma State’s name hasn’t come up very often, if at all, in expansion talk. In other news, one of the guys who’s not Bono or The Edge announced he’s staying in U2.
Mizzou Football Links
Other Football Links
Dr. Saturday: The Contenders: Longhorns lose the ranch, still bring the pain
The Dagger: Will Nebraska's new arena really translate into hoops success?
Other Mizzou Links
Fangraphs: As the (Aaron) Crow Flies
MUtigers.com: Missouri Returns Home to Face Huskers
SimmonsField.com: Not So Great Expectations
MUtigers.com: Tigers Head to Big 12's
The Missourian: Missouri motivated for Big 12 tournament
Mizzou Track & Field
KC Star: Missouri's McGuire sheds coaching title to concentrate on sports psychology
The Trib: For MU decathlete, Olympic hopes and unfinished business
The Missourian: Missouri hurdler hopes to make leap to NCAA finals