Mizzou Football Links
The Trib (Dave Matter): Writer's Block: McNeese State
BTS: How would you describe McNeese's style of play both offensively and defensively?
Hickey: McNeese plays a 4-2-5 on defense, and kind of models itself in the mold of the TCU defense. Every starter on the defense has started prior to this season (linebacker Deron Minor technically isn't a returning starter since he medical redshirted last year). They obviously had some problems with the passing game against Lamar, but Viator is mostly attributing that to the fact that no film existed of the Cardinals and the whole gameplan was an educated guess based on their knowledge of Lamar's coaches. And despite being a first-year program, I think Lamar will win 5 or 6 games this year. They aren't bad. But the secondary must do much better to have any prayer against Mizzou.
Offensively, they run multiple packages. You might see a fullback, a couple tight ends, a single back with three wideouts, the tight end split out as a receiver... I think the running game is probably their greatest strength, but scoring is usually not an issue for McNeese.
- The Trib (Dave Matter): QB served warrant for missed court date (Obviously this isn't a big deal or major crime ... but yeah, still a bit annoying.)
- KC Star: Mizzou's defensive front four has offered sweet results
KBIA Sports Extra: Josey, Murphy prepare for increased roles against McNeese State
The Missourian: Freshman tailback marks first game with Missouri football team
- KBIA Sports Extra: VIDEO: Gary Pinkel discusses Michael Egnew
- Post-Dispatch: Former QB T.J. Moe emerges as a receiver
- PowerMizzou: Michael Sam: Making a name
- PowerMizzou: The recruiting ratio (This is an interesting idea. It is basically a look at who was the No. 1 recruiter for most of Mizzou's recent signees, and which Mizzou recruiter produced the highest percentage of first-year players. Here's a hint: the stars at night are big and bright -- CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP -- DEEP IN THE HEARRRRRRRT OF TEXXXXASSSSSS...)
Big 12 Links
A hearty welcome to the new staff writers at Clone Chronicles...
The Ralphie Report: RR Staff Weekly Discussion - Let's Talk Football
Topeka Capital-Journal: Perkins move not probe related (I'm not going to say it WAS probe related ... but I will say that if it were probe related, everybody involved would say that it's not probe related)
Bring On The Cats: ROUNDTABLE: UCLA-Missouri State interregnum
KC Star: Once again, Terry Allen takes on Wildcats
Crimson & Cream Machine: Oklahoma/FSU Football Q&A With Tomahawk Nation
Dallas Morning News: Peyton Manning recalls recruiting visit to Texas A&M and why he didn't become an Aggie
On his memories of the visit to Texas A&M: "All I remember was coach R.C. Slocum was there and they had Bob Toledo was the offensive coordinator, who's now at Tulane and a good guy. All that I could remember is they were talking about how much they were going to throw the ball. They were going to air it out at Texas A&M. I checked the media guide and they had Rodney Thomas, Greg Hill and Leland McElroy on the cover. Three all-star running backs, but they were telling me they're going to all of a sudden air it out and throw the ball. So it was a pretty good recruiting pitch. I didn't bite, knowing that throwing the ball at A&M was probably a long shot.
Mizzou Basketball Links
- KC Star (Campus Corner): Majerus says MU turned down game with SLU (Good. This post was obviously written by a snide, snarky KC guy, but he's not tremendously wrong.)
- We Are Mizzou: GALLERY: Lawrence Bowers Throws First Pitch
Other Mizzou Links
MUtigers.com: Mizzou Hosts Arkansas