In an idea I've directly stolen from our SB Nation brothers at Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician and Rocky Top Talk, I'm happy to announce the launch of the First Annual Rock M Nation Uniform Contest. And, yes, I included the phrase "First Annual" for the sole purpose of sending all of the RMN journalism graduates into convulsions.
Dying to see the gold helmets? Want to restore the old gold of the Larry Smith era? Ready to revolutionize MU's branding? Do it now.
How will such a contest work? Thanks to the magic of EA Sports' Teambuilder site for use with NCAA Football 12 (dropping Tuesday), we have at our disposal a fantastic tool for toying around with jersey options. Here's what you should do (text adapted from TNIAAM and RTT):
- Check out the free TeamBuilder site here
- If you don't have an account with EA Sports, you'll need to register for a free one - no confirmation emails, just a quick registration page
- Once you've registered and logged in, click CREATE A SCHOOL
- From here, you can be as in-depth as you'd like. Created teams can be saved and then downloaded once the game is released, and you can play with seven other features aside from uniforms. If you just want to get to the uniform creation, you'll probably want to change the school colors.
- Next, click on the LOGO tab to enable access to the current Tiger logo. At the bottom of the screen, select "Choose Existing" and then select Missouri.
- Now you're ready to go. Click on the UNIFORM tab at the top of the screen to pull up the main uniforms. From here, you can go into the helmet, jersey, pants and shoes menus individually and edit to your heart's desire until you have a completed uniform for submission.
If you'd like, submit entries for Home, Away, Dark Alternate, and, for giggles, we'll add a Throwback category for anyone willing to come up with a submission based on vintage logos or designs. We'll have the community vote on winners in each category as well as name an overall winner. Here's how to get the photo entered for submission:
- Get a screencap of your completed uniform (like the one at the top of this post). The easiest way I know to do this is to use the PrntScrn key, and then open a program like MS Paint and paste the screen into it, then crop it down to size and save. (Those more comptuer savvy than I, feel free to post other ways to do this)
- Once you've got the image saved, post your image as a comment in this thread. Don't know how to upload your photos and make them appear on Rock M Nation? Let this handy post be your guide.