I asked for it, and now I'm posting it! Let's get a good list of some fall favorites going. There is a chill in the air, so anything you can make in a crock-pot that makes the house smell amazing all day is highly encouraged.
I'm gong to start off with Cowboy Beans. Its' basically chili, with more beans...and BACON! This stuff is awesome!!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. sorghum or other molasses
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) pork 'n beans
- 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) butter beans, drained
- 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (approx. 16 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
Preparation:Cook ground beef until browned, breaking up and stirring as it cooks. Add onion and cook until tender; drain off excess grease. Add remaining ingredients, except bacon. Put in casserole or crockpot and top with bacon crumbs. Bake at 350° for an hour, or cook in covered slow cooker or crockpot on HIGH for 1 hour, then reduce heat to LOW and cook 2 to 4 hours.