so i was thinking that in honor of our new conference brethren, we should step up our football saturday playlists to include some southern fried musical goodness...
no more toby keith or garth or kansas or yonder mountain string band (well maybe a little of those, except for kansas... i never listened to that crap anyways)
here are some of my favorites, pretty much off the top of my head...
alabama/auburn- some pretty obvious choices here
- alabama- mountain music, song of the south, dixieland delight
- skynyrd- sweet home alabama (maybe throw in southern man to balance it out)
- clifton chenier aka the king of zydeco
- better than ezra- one of my favorite bands, they even recorded an ep of lsu-themed songs including chinese bandits
- i'm not much of a jazz fan, so..
- elvis- i enjoy jailhouse rock and suspicious minds
- steve earle- copperhead road , one my all-time favorites
- todd snyder- beer run , i think he's memphis guy
- not a fan of most modern country, but i guess throw in kenny chesney since he's a vol
- black oak arkansas- go jim dandy!!
- hootie (the dane cook of rock music)
- tom petty & the heartbreakers- gainesville boys and a top 3 band for me, southern accents, girl on lsd- this one's fun to play!, i won't back down- this should be the football team's motto for the year
missouri- a couple of hometown groups
- ozark mtn daredevils- if you wanna get to heaven, and the most awesome song ever!
- head east- never been any reason
i'm tired of thinking and typing now so feel free to add others...