Well, that felt good. After having our hearts ripped out last week, Mizzou fans can sleep easy tonight knowing their team is 8-1 and their fearless leader James Franklin is very close to returning. That said, Mauk has been extremely admirable in his absence and the future looks bright with him at the helm. We learned we have some fantastic senior leadership on this team and Mauk will throw deep anytime he has a chance. Here are some other things we learned tonight:
- Columbia is the capital of Missouri.
- We have a WR named Marcus Lewis and a running back named Marcus Murray.
- Don Faurot didn't invent the Split T, it was created by the pharaohs of ancient Egypt.
- Stats do matter.
- Guarantees are and always will be stupid. (Looking at you, Tiny Richardson.)
- This coaching staff knows what they're doing with recruits.
- Touchdowns are easy when the defense stops trying.
- Mizzou's SEC East Championship hopes are still alive and well, especially with Georgia getting healthier.
- Winning a game after having your team called the "Paper Tigers" feels extra good.
Enjoy the rest of your night here, and with that I give a hearty M-I-Z!!!