1. Three days to Auburn
The Trib: In final year of BCS, Pinkel leaving the lobbying to others
The Trib (Behind the Stripes): CBS preparing for Mizzou's debut
The Missourian: Missouri will have hands full with Auburn's offensive scheme
The Missourian: Georgia Dome turf gets transformation for SEC Championship game
KC Star: CBS finally catches up with Missouri football team
KC Star: Auburn heads to SEC title game on a kick and a prayer
KC Star: Comparing common opponents for Missouri, Auburn
Post-Dispatch: Emotional decision pays off for Auburn fullback Prosch
PowerMizzou: SEC Championship Central
PowerMizzou: Counting the stars
PowerMizzou: SEC Matchups: When Auburn Runs
Offensive Break Down: Auburn's Inside Zone and the Iron Bowl
Fox Sports MW: Auburn might be leading an even more charmed football life than Mizzou
Mizzou Network: 1 on 1: SEC Defensive Player of the Week EJ Gaines Previews Game vs Auburn
Post-Dispatch: MIZZOU BOWL POSSIBILITIES
2. One last look back at A&M
* Let's talk about Franklin's running for a second. The split from designed runs to scrambles this week -- 11 to 6 -- was in sharp contrast to similar figures last week -- 1 to 5. Josh Henson said he thought Missouri could exploit Texas A&M a little with quarterback runs, and you saw that with not one, not two, not three, but FOUR draws from an empty backfield. Two came from a five-wide set and two came with four wides and the back motioning out before the snap.
* Of Franklin's 11 "designed" runs, three came from keeps on speed options and eight from draws or powers. They did this kind of weird thing where it looked like Franklin would give a half-hearted fake to Josey -- who really wasn't looking, instead lining up his block -- to give a bit of a zone read look, but sure looked like it was a draw call all the way. In any case, Franklin picked up first downs on six of his 16 non-sack runs, including a third and a fourth. It'll be interesting to see if Henson tries to lean heavily upon his legs against Auburn.
* The Waters renaissance continues. After being in for more than half of Missouri's snaps last week, the tight end was in for 43.2 percent this week. The Tigers take on a pretty heavy run flavor with him in the game but, hey, if it's working, why stop? Missouri averaged 7.8 yards a carry on the 22 runs -- not counting two sacks -- it attempted with Waters in the game.
3. Award tour
MUtigers.com: Pinkel Named Maxwell Coach of the Year Finalist
The Trib (Behind the Stripes): Pinkel finalist for Maxwell coach of the year
Post-Dispatch: Pinkel, Malzahn are finalists for national coaching honor
4. You think??
5. Recruiting rumblings
Rivals.com issued its new Rivals 250 for the 2014 recruiting class, and Mizzou target (and CBC OL) Brian Wallace took an enormous leap, from mid-three-star to top 200. Most accounts either peg Mizzou as a favorite or have no idea what to think (he doesn't talk much). Fingers crossed.
6. Two days to IUPUI
7. This is such a weird event
8. Coming up for the Fightin' Pingetons
MUtigers.com: Women's Basketball Announces Weekend Schedule Change
MUtigers.com: Mizzou Hosts Oral Roberts for Twin Day
The Missourian: Missouri women's basketball juniors provide veteran presence for young team