National Signing Day is here. Buckle up.
National Signing Day Links
So here's where we stand heading into National Signing Day...
- Donovahn Jones decommitted from Missouri yesterday and headed to Minnesota for a shot at QB. He wasn't going to get that here -- he was by all accounts going to end up a receiver here, and even if they let him start at QB, Missouri has five other intriguing names at that position, four of whom will have eligibility left after 2013 -- so power to him. I hate that he waited this late in the process, however; he visited Minnesota two months ago. Decommitting now means Mizzou coaches have to scramble to try to replace him.
- In an effort to replace Jones, it appears the staff has extended an offer to Corey Winfield, WR from Riverview Gardens in St. Louis. He is the No. 20 player in the state of Missouri (according to Rivals) and a recent Syracuse commit. He will supposedly announce his decision at 9am today. Can't blame him if he sticks with the 'Cuse at this late a date.
- Mizzou did, however, apparently secure a commitment from junior college safety Duron Singleton, as expected. So Mizzou is once again stuck on 19 commits.
- Tight end Travis Johnson did not commit last night -- he is now expected to announce his decision early this morning at school. That decision is still expected to be USF.
- Ezekiel Elliott will be announcing his decision at a ceremony at 4pm, which means he'll actually pre-empt Mizzou's planned 4pm recruiting press conference. That'll be pretty awesome if, you know, he chooses Missouri. Less so if he doesn't.
The Trib: Tigers or Buckeyes? Recruit builds hype with homemade video
NOLA.com: Missouri gets commitment from former Helen Cox defensive back Duron Singleton
KC Star: Georgia WR decommits from Mizzou
KC Star: A rugged childhood has molded MU recruit Sherrils
MUtigers.com: 2013 National Signing Day Central
PowerMizzou: 2013 Hot Board: NSD Edition
PowerMizzou: Enter the Chamber
PowerMizzou: 2013 Tiger Mailbag
The Trib: MU still searching for recruiting identity in SEC
KC Star: Missouri football recruiting outlook
@dave_matter The last time someone stole the thunder from a Mizzou press conference, the whole school ended up in the SEC.— Pete Scantlebury (@PeteScantlebury) February 6, 2013
Buckle up, in other words. And expect about 20 posts from me today.
Other Mizzou Football Links
The Trib: Kerwin Stricker retires from football, will earn degree
The Trib (Dave Matter): Missouri officially adds WRs coach to roster
CBS Sports: Former Missouri grinder David Yost resurfaces at Washington State
We Are Mizzou: Mizzou Football Winning Edge 2013
Mizzou Basketball Links
MUtigers.com: Mizzou Basketball Faces A&M Thursday
Now THIS Is A Headline...
The Trib: Haith hopes to stop his stripping
Mizzou Diamond Sports Links
Power Hitter? Yes, Please
The Trib: Missouri's Kelsi Jones takes new angle at the plate
SimmonsField.com: MYTH-ZOU: Baseball is #2 in the SEC
Other Mizzou Links
Mizzou Women's Basketball
The Missourian: Win against Tennessee improves outlook for Missouri
KC Star: Missouri women may have pathway to NCAA Tournament
Mizzou Network (YouTube): Mizzou vs. #9 Tennessee Highlight Reel
Mizzou Network (YouTube): EXCLUSIVE: Locker Room Celebration
MUtigers.com: Senior Week: Nicholas Hucke
SB Nation (Amy K. Nelson): Poster Boys: How the Costacos Brothers built a wall art empire
National Signing Day is fast approaching, and Dan Rubenstein has your news and notes on who's already signed, what holes coaches need to fill, and what fans can expect when the deadline strikes for high-school athletes to formally sign their letters of intent. In this edition, Rubenstein is talking all things SEC.