RMN prides itself on trying to foster a forum for intelligent conversation about college athletics but more than frequently wanders in inscrutable rambling. However, that doesn't mean it's lawless around here. Take 15 seconds to sign up and join us in conversation about Mizzou athletics, but before you do, take a gander at some of our community guidelines.
1) This blog is very much self-policing, as this community takes immense pride in providing a place for good conversation without degenerating into the typical message board frenzy. Please respect this, and, more importantly, please feel welcome to contribute to it.
2) Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Any racially, religiously or sexually directed remarks will lead to an immediate and permanent ban from Rock M Nation. Furthermore, most discussion of politics, religion, and other sensitive issues (barring rare exception) will likely be stopped by RMN admins.
3) We ALWAYS welcome fans of other teams here at RMN. In fact, it's one of our favorite parts of our community. Just make sure that your represent yourself and your team well by engaging us in conversation rather than simply flaming and trolling for a fight. Such action will not be tolerated.
4) Treat RMN as a "bar room" or "water cooler" community. Don't say anything you wouldn't say in person. Vulgarity is frowned upon in most posts, but is understood in the heat of Live Threads.
To quote Rocky Top Talk: "Discussion is good. Disagreement is good. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are . . . not so good. Pretend you’re in the room with whoever you’re talking to or about. If you’d hesitate to say it in person, don’t say it here. "
5) PLEASE be respectful of copyright and intellectual property. When quoting another source, please copy and paste only a small portion of the text and then provide a link to the original source. When using a photo, please credit the photographer if possible.
6) srsly, dont talk like dis. ur annoying.
7) To quote Crawfish Boxes, "WRITING YOUR OPINION IN CAPS generally negatively correlates to the strength of the argument."
8) Have a good time. Seriously, we're just a collection of guys and gals that love Mizzou athletics and want to have an intelligent forum in which they can be discussed. Come mix it up with us - we promise we won't bite.