Ross mentioned it yesterday, but we start today's Links with some Mizzou soccer links...they lost a heartbreaker in PKs to Illinois yesterday.
- Mutigers.com: Soccer ends season in Penalty Kick Shootout
- The Missourian: Tigers eliminated in NCAA Tournament
- Post-Dispatch: Missouri loses NCAA women's soccer playoff to Illinois
- FightingIllini.com: Illinois Cages Tigers in PKs, Advances to NCAA Round of 16
- NCAAsports.com: Tourney Bracket--Illinois will now play North Carolina, who outscored their weekend opponents, 9-0
On to happier news...we've got your Big 12 Championship ticket info right here!!!
Iowa State wrap-up links!
- KC Star: It's a championship, so enjoy it, Mizzou
- Post-Dispatch: Tigers are focused on return to Big 12 Championship game
- Post-Dispatch: Tigers setting priorities, taking schedule one game at a time
- The Trib: Tigers celebrate with eye on bigger game
- The Trib: Storm erasers
- PowerMizzou: Sunday Grade Card
- The Trib: Game Notes ("Mr. Jones makes his mark)
- The Missourian: Jones plays while Coffman heals
- The Missourian: MU football wants more than Big 12 North crown
- The Missourian: Things go Missouri's way
- Des Moines Register: Missouri proves to be the king of the North
- Ames Tribune: Tiger offense overwhelms Cyclones
The P-D's Vahe Gregorian talks about how Missouri is now the team to beat in the North.
The win was MU's 10th in a row against a North opponent, going back to their last game here in 2006. Moreover, only twice in that span have North teams come closer than 14 points away from Mizzou.
But that's just the exclamation point on a trend that began six years ago. Since then, MU leads all Big 12 North teams in conference victories with 27. Nebraska is second with 24, Kansas third with 21.
Of course, being labeled the best of the North is a dubious achievement in contrast with the Big 12 South, which currently has four top 10 teams. MU will have much to prove when it meets either Texas Tech, Oklahoma or Texas in the Big 12 title game on Dec. 6.
Finally, since we're all about the bullet points today, here are some basketball links!
- KC Star: MU's Denmon shows poise early
- The Trib: Dynamic debut ("On a day when senior forwards Leo Lyons and DeMarre Carroll combined to score 40 points and pull down 17 rebounds and Marcus Denmon dumped in 15 more off the bench, [Miguel] Paul’s contributions might have been as important as any for Missouri, which won for the 35th time in its last 36 home openers.")
- The Missourian: MU guard shares some things with all-star cousin (Did you know Miguel Paul's cousin is Chris Paul??? I had no idea!)
- Steve Walentik: Postgame thoughts
- KC Star: Missouri's newcomers shine in romp over Prairie View A&M