||20.02||0.91||19 Pts on 12 shots, 6 Reb, 3 Ast|
|Leo Lyons||14.18||0.64||18 Pts, 8 Reb, 3 Ast, 6 TO, 2 Stl|
|Marcus Denmon||9.45||0.59||14 Pts, 3 Reb, 3 Stl, 1 Blk, 2 TO|
|J.T. Tiller||9.45||0.50||4 Pts, 5 Reb, 7 Ast, 2 TO|
|Zaire Taylor||8.48||0.34||5 Pts, 6 Reb, 2 Stl, 1 Ast|
|Kim English||6.26||0.45||16 Pts, 1 Reb, 1 Ast, 2 TO, 5 PF|
|Matt Lawrence||5.56||0.37||4 Pts, 3 Reb, 2 Stl|
|Laurence Bowers||5.14||0.57||4 Pts, 3 Reb, 1 Blk, 1 sick oop dunk|
|Justin Safford||3.34||0.26||4 Pts, 2 Reb, 2 Ast, good defense|
|Keith Ramsey||3.34||0.22||0 Pts, 3 Blk, 1 Stl|
|Michael Anderson Jr.||1.25||0.25||0 Pts, 1 Reb, 1 Stl|
|Jarrett Sutton||0.70||0.23||0 Pts, 1 Off Reb|
|Steve Moore||0.56||0.11||0 Pts, 2 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 sick oop pass|
|Miguel Paul||-0.83||-0.05||5 Pts, 1 Reb, 1 Ast, 5 TO|
EqPts = a take-off of the Net Equivalent Points idea discussed last week. Taking points, assists, rebounds (offensive & defensive), steals, blocks, turnovers and fouls into account, the team's points are re-distributed to figure out who had the biggest impact on the game itself, instead of just how many balls a player put through a basket. I can go into detail on the formula if anybody asks, but for now just know that that was the intent.
- I guess I'll hold off on giving JT the "Big Game" nickname...he was great in transition, and his 7 assists were great to see, but...I'll make him work for it a bit more first...preferably against Illinois.
- I loved seeing Kim English find his range today (it's great seeing his confidence grow), but he does need to get a little better at the "little things" stats...his 3's were the dagger today, but his 2 TO's and 5 fouls leave a bit to be desired. Still, though, he's going to continue to steal Matty Lawrence's minutes (even though Matt did well today despite not having his shot).
- I like what I see from Steve Moore's hands. I kind of want to see what he does against a real team's first string...though I kind of also don't want to see that just yet.
- Marcus Denmon is careless with the ball occasionally, but man...he has great feel with his shot (around the basket, mid-range, and from deep), and he's good for one straight-up pocket-pick a game.
- Jaureth Bamford (Justin Safford + Keith Ramsey + Laurence Bowers): 37 minutes, 8 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 blocks, 1 steal. Well-rounded as always.
- Knock on wood and all, but...I just can't believe how improved DeMarre Carroll has been so far. He was a bull in a china shop last year, and then he got hurt...now he's healthy AND comfortable in the system, and the results have been extraordinary.
- DeMarre's success is also taking pressure off of Leo...and making Leo's horrendous ball-handling today a lot easier to handle.
- Miguel Paul had a tough game today. All the freshmen will at some point, and at least Mr. Paul's came when the rest of the team was dominating.
Season to Date
|DeMarre Carroll||19.38||0.74||18.6 PPG, 7.4 RPG, 2.4 APG|
|Leo Lyons||15.11||0.66||17.9 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 1.55 PPS|
|Zaire Taylor||8.73||0.34||4.6 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 3.8 APG|
|J.T. Tiller||7.66||0.35||6.8 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 3.1 APG, 2.3 SPG|
|Marcus Denmon||7.39||0.44||7.3 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 1.9 APG|
|Matt Lawrence||6.63||0.35||8.6 PPG, 2.3 RPG, 0.9 APG|
|Miguel Paul||5.25||0.33||5.6 PPG, 2.5 APG, 1.1 RPG|
|Keith Ramsey||4.29||0.37||3.9 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 0.6 BPG|
|Kim English||4.16||0.33||7.4 PPG, 1.5 RPG, 1.1 APG|
|Justin Safford||3.46||0.28||3.6 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 1.5 APG|
|Laurence Bowers||3.50||0.40||2.5 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 0.7 BPG|
|Jarrett Sutton||2.00||0.60||3.0 PPG, lots of walk-on cheer|
|Steve Moore||0.91||0.18||1.2 PPG, 1.6 RPG, Truman Patriot|
|Michael Anderson Jr.||0.68||0.14||1.2 PPG, 0.8 RPG, 1 coach's son|
- Due to Paul's setback, Zaire Taylor regained the lead in per-minute stats at the point guard position.
- J.T. Tiller leads in the "intangibles" category, but that obviously doesn't translate here. He still comes up big against the real teams, though...
- Jaureth Bamford: 30.5 MPG, 9.4 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 2.8 APG, 1.4 BPG, 1.3 SPG.
- And speaking of which...
Versus Real Teams Only*
|Points Per Minute
|Points Per Possession (PPP)
|Points Per Shot (PPS)
|(Assists + Steals) / TO||2.75||0.82|
|Expected Offensive Rebounds||39||39|
|Eq. Rebound Margin||+6||+8|
* At this point, there have been three "real" opponents: Xavier, USC and California.
And the player stats...
|DeMarre Carroll||20.48||0.69||21.7 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 2.3 APG|
|J.T. Tiller||14.77||0.66||10.3 PPG, 5.0 APG, 3.7 RPG, 3.0 SPG|
|Leo Lyons||12.38||0.52||15.3 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 3.0 APG|
|Zaire Taylor||7.51||0.26||4.3 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 2.7 APG|
|Marcus Denmon||6.41||0.36||6.7 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 1.7 SPG|
|Laurence Bowers||5.52||0.61||4.0 PPG, 3.0 RPG|
|Keith Ramsey||4.28||0.37||3.7 PPG, 1.3 RPG, 1.0 BPG|
|Justin Safford||3.13||0.25||3.3 PPG, 2.0 RPG, 1.3 APG|
|Kim English||2.49||0.20||7.3 PPG, 1.0 APG, lotsa fouls|
|Matt Lawrence||2.39||0.13||4.3 PPG, 2.0 RPG|
|Miguel Paul||1.79||0.12||4.0 PPG, 1.3 APG, 1.0 RPG|
|Michael Anderson Jr.||1.34||0.27|
- Mizzou is holding its own on the glass...still not as good as I'd hope to see considering we're led by two big men (who are much better on the offensive glass than defensive...i.e. they don't block out well), but they're not getting dominated as we feared.
- Shooting 31% from the 3-point line = still shooting too damn many 3's. Oh well I guess.
- LOVE how Tiller just fills out the entire stat sheet...
- Jarrett Sutton: now under 1 point per minute. Clearly he's slumping...