With the economy seemingly stagnant and mortgages going to hell, why not take the advice of the degenerate gambler and make a little extra money the fun way?
If you've got the Watermelon Balls of Fury (© MizzouRobot) and "expendable" income (Note: car payments = expendable), BodogLife has Mizzou at 18/1 odds to win the National Championship in 2008 (odds may be subject to change).
Anyone care to throw down a dollar? Hell, a measly $6,472.45 can pay for my entire college education, presuming that whole, you know, "National Championship" thing works out...
Other odds of note:
- Hey, remember that KU Orange Bowl win? Bodog doesn't. KU is set at 60/1.
- Vegas likes USC as the preseason favorite, slating them at the top with 3/1 odds.
- The Big 12 once again looks like a shootout between Mizzou (18/1) and conference favorite Oklahoma (6/1). Texas seems to be the only other team with a decent shot (25/1).
- Nebraska falls in line with powerhouses like Arizona, Oklahoma State, Washington and South Florida.
Click "Full Story" for the top national odds, as well as ranked Big 12 odds.
USC - 3/1
Florida - 6/1
Georgia - 6/1
Ohio State - 6/1
Oklahoma - 6/1
LSU - 11/1
Missouri - 18/1
- Oklahoma - 6/1
- Missouri - 18/1
- Texas 25/1
- Kansas 60/1
- (tie) Nebraska 80/1, Oklahoma State 80/1, Texas Tech 80/1
- (tie) Kansas State 100/1, Texas A&M 100/1
Not given odds - Baylor, Iowa State, Colorado