Quite a bit of shakeup this week. As always, this ballot is a first draft and thus open for debate.
Dropped Out: UCLA (#23).
Just Missed Out: North Carolina, Tennessee, Cincy, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State
- My Top 5 remains the same, as I never had OSU as a Top 5 team to begin with. I fought with moving Mizzou up to either No. 3 or 4, but couldn't find a reason to punish Florida or Georgia. Yet, I'm one, good, easily defensible argument from moving Mizzou up (who wants to make it for me?)
- What to do with the Pac 10? I somehow have Oregon moving up two spots by needing 2OT to beat Purdue, and I'm wondering if Arizona State ought to see the door out after being upset by UNLV.
- I'm really beginning to lose faith in Auburn, but I couldn't justify putting anyone else ahead of them.
- Penn State and South Florida get four-spot bumps
- I punish Tech one spot, although this has more to do with being a retroactive vote for Nevada than a referendum on the Tech/SMU game
- Mad props to BYU, who shoots up nine spots to No. 16. I continue to sit on the Utah bandwagon, just one spot behind
- I nest OSU at No. 18 as the king of the one-loss grouping of OSU, KU, Illinois and Clemson (with ECU bisecting the four)
- Outside of the Top 10 or so, I pretty much just started over, ignoring last week's ballot. As such, you have random drops like WVU dropping three spots and Wake dropping two.
- I still like Fresno as my No. 25. Any objections?