- PowerMizzou: Powered Up: A Week One Playoff
SI (Stewart Mandel): Mailbag
I don't have a question, just a comment. I'm a diehard Husker, but I'm pretty disappointed for Baylor losing Robert Griffin. I was really looking forward to seeing NU go against Baylor this year, and long-term, Baylor getting that program back on track. I'm sure they must be devastated. -- Andy Morrison, San Diego
This is why Nebraska fans are widely regarded as the classiest in the country.
Stu, Stu, Stu...you can annoy us with the "classiest in the country" thing (as has been explained a thousand times, it's easy to be classy about an opponent you've defeated 116 straight times...they're not quite as classy when they're getting their butts beat), that's fine. But do NOT steal our "mourning Hot Tub's loss" thunder. Do NOT. He is Rock M Nation's, not Nebraska's. Hmpf.
Other Mizzou Football Links!
The Missourian: Pinkel admits Missouri's running game needs improvement
The latest stall in the ground game came in Missouri's 31-21 victory over Nevada on Friday night. The box score shows that the Tigers' running backs had 3.7 yards per carry, a figure that, while underwhelming, doesn't induce panic. Take out Washington's 42-yard run late in the game and that number shrinks to exactly 2 yards per rush.
Missouri's first victory against Illinois provided a similar performance. Overall, the top three Tigers backs ran 26 times for 80 yards at 3.07 yards per carry. Without a 32-yard carry by Washington? Less than 2.
PowerMizzou: 2010 Recruiting Defensive Hot Board
Big 12 (and Opponent, and Homes of Former Assistant Coaches) Links!
- Bring On The Cats: Adventures of the Big 12: Iowa State (Part 1)
- Burnt Orange Nation: Snap Shots: Sergio Kindle's Speed Rush
- Daily Oklahoman (John Rohde): A college football season turned on its head
- EDSBS: ASK SMART FOOTBALL: WHAT DID VT DO TO MIAMI? (a Big 12 link because, obviously, Miami's next opponent is a Big 12 team)
- Dr. Saturday: How did it come to duck-and-cover time at Illinois?
- Denver Post: Wyoming coach Christensen back in the saddle
Other Mizzou Links!
- The Dagger: Missouri's cell phone disposal process needs some work (that's right, this story has officially gotten national attention)
Mutigers.com: Volleyball Falls at No. 19 Baylor
Waco Tribune: BU volleyball whisks away Mizzou
Our Very Own Uribe Auction: Away game diary (make sure to read whatever you didn't yesterday morning)