I'm a day behind on all my posts this week...whoever thought of having football and basketball seasons going simultaneously really should have spoken to me about it first...
Last Week: horrid start, solid finish.
|All Games||31-26 (54.4%)||306-241-8 (55.9%)|
|Big 12||5-1 (83.3%)||43-31-2 (57.9%)|
|"LOCKS"||1-1 (50.0%)||27-25-2 (51.9%)|
I give, MAC. You have bested me once again. The MAC is just a screwy, screwy league, and there are no numbers that can defeat them. I went 1-5 in MAC games last week and am already a rousing 0-2 after the Buffalo-Miami and CMU-Ball St. games last night. Take my MAC performance out of last week's equation, and my 30-21 record was a solid 59%. Oh well, I guess. You've been warned -- don't bet on any of my MAC picks.
Though a) if you're betting on MAC games, and b) if you're using my picks to do so, you need an intervention. Just sayin'.
|Thursday, 11/19||6:30pm||Colorado at Oklahoma State||OSU by 20.0||OSU -17.5|
|Saturday, 11/21||11:30am||Oklahoma at Texas Tech||OU by 2.8||OU -6.5||
|1:00pm||Iowa State at Missouri||Mizzou by 18.2||Mizzou -15|
|2:30pm||Baylor at Texas A&M||ATM by 12.1||ATM -7||
|6:45pm||Kansas State at Nebraska||NU by 33.8||NU -16.5||NU|
|7:00pm||Kansas at Texas||UT by 26.7||UT -27.5||Kansas|
- I think I agree with the numbers--NU will probably (and unfortunately) smoke KSU Saturday night. (Jinx...Jinx...JINX...)
- Meanwhile, I was REALLY hoping the numbers would come out on the side of Texas...would not want any part of betting on Kansas right now.
- Seriously, the lines and my projections are just getting closer and closer each week. I love that the Memphis-Houston, UVa-Clemson and Utah-SDSU picks below are NOT the closest projections of the week...that honor goes to Kentucky-Georgia, where the line is UGa -8 and the projection is UGa by 8.01. Wouldn't be smart to bet on any of those.
All games after the jump.
|Thurs., 11/19||6:30pm||Colorado at Oklahoma State||OSU by 20.0||OSU -17.5|
|Fri., 11/20||4:30pm||Akron at Bowling Green||BGSU by 15.5||BGSU -10.5||
|6:00pm||Eastern Michigan at Toledo||Toledo by 20.2||Toledo -19||
|8:30pm||Boise State at Utah State||Boise by 5.2 (?)||Boise -23|
|Sat., 11/21||11:00am||Duke at Miami||Miami by 29.9||Miami -19.5|
|Louisville at South Florida||USF by 15.5||USF -11.5||
|Maryland at Florida State||FSU by 16.7||FSU -19||
|MInnesota at Iowa||Iowa by 17.8||Iowa -10||
|North Carolina at Boston College||BC by 11.2||BC -3.5|
|Ohio State at Michigan||tOSU by 11.8||tOSU -12||
|11:21am||Chattanooga at Alabama||'Bama by 69.8 (!!)||N/A|
|Mississippi State at Arkansas||Arkansas by 14.4||Arkansas -11||
|11:30am||Florida International at Florida||Florida by 55.1||Florida -45||
|Oklahoma at Texas Tech||OU by 2.8||OU -6.5|
|12:00pm||Kent State at Temple||Temple by 10.5||Temple -11.5||
|Memphis at Houston||Houston by 23.6||Houston -23.5||
|1:00pm||Iowa State at MIssouri||Mizzou by 18.2||Mizzou -15|
|Northern Illinois at Ohio||Ohio by 6.3||Ohio -1||
|TCU at Wyoming||TCU by 17.0||TCU -31.5|
|Tulane at Central Florida||UCF by 13.2||UCF -21.5|
|1:30pm||Connecticut at Notre Dame||Irish by 9.2||Irish -6|
|2:30pm||Air Force at BYU||BYU by 14.4||BYU -10.5||
|Baylor at Texas A&M||ATM by 12.1||ATM -7||
|LSU at Ole Miss||LSU by 5.0||LSU +4.5||
|N.C. State at Virginia Tech||VT by 30.9||VT -21||
|Penn State at Michigan State||PSU by 2.8||PSU -3.5|
|Purdue at Indiana||Purdue by 0.5||Purdue -3|
|Rutgers at Syracuse||'Cuse by 14.5??||'Cuse +9.5||'CUSE (WIN)|
|UAB at East Carolina||ECU by 6.6||ECU -12.5|
|UTEP at Rice||UTEP by 2.5||UTEP -6.5||
|Virginia at Clemson||Clemson by 21.1||Clemson -21|
|Wisconsin at Northwestern||Wiscy by 17.3||Wiscy -7|
|3:00pm||Arizona State at UCLA||UCLA by 19.0||UCLA -5||UCLA (WIN)
|Army at North Texas||UNT by 13.1||UNT -2|
|San Diego State at Utah||Utes by 19.9||Utah -20|
|3:15pm||Florida Atlantic at Troy||Troy by 15.8||Troy -16|
|3:30pm||Arkansas State at Middle Tennessee||MTSU by 19.8||MTSU -11||
|SMU at Marshall||Marshall by 18.1||Marshall -4|
|4:00pm||Louisiana Tech at Fresno State||Fresno by 18.8||Fresno -9.5|
|Oregon State at Washington State||OSU by 28.5||OSU -30.5|
|5:00pm||Colorado State at New Mexico||CSU by 8.6||CSU -4|
|6:00pm||UL-Monroe at UL-Lafayette||ULM by 5.6||ULM -2.5|
|Vanderbilt at Tennessee||Vols by 32.5||Vols -17|
|6:30pm||California at Stanford||Stanford by 7.3||Stanford -7.5||
|Tulsa at Southern Miss||USM by 4.1||USM -8.5|
|6:45pm||Kansas State at Nebraska||NU by 33.8||NU -16.5|
|Kentucky at Georgia||UGa by 8.0||UGa -8|
|7:00pm||Hawaii at San Jose State||SJSU by 16.1||SJSU +3|
|Kansas at Texas||UT by 26.7||UT -27.5|
|Oregon at Arizona||Oregon by 11.3||Oregon -6||Oregon|
|9:30pm||Nevada at New Mexico State||Nevada by 13.3||Nevada -30||NMSU|
- It's pretty clear the numbers are simply wrong about some teams...at the top of that "some teams" list right now is Rutgers, whose ratings completely suck, in part because they were terrible the first few weeks of the season, and in part because they played two terrible FCS teams, thereby completely wrecking (over-wrecking, really) their strength of schedule.
- 20-28...just getting KILLED and missing everything by about two points...son of a bitch...