Call it nostalgia, call it not letting go, call it "not ready to focus on the diamond sports yet." Whatever you call it, we're not ready to let this past basketball season die. This is the second of a three-part installment that will look at the magical season that was, as seen through the archives of posts, FanPosts, FanShots and comments on RMN. Today's installment takes a look at the conference portion of the season.
- Jan. 10: Momentum and good feelings take a back seat after Mizzou opens up Big 12 play with a loss in Lincoln. The Good Leo/Bad Leo images make their debut. The Boy writes his "Mike Anderson v. Doc Sadler" post to talk Missouri fans off the ledge.
- Jan. 12: Very Bad Leo, as SleepyFloyd hammers home.
- Jan. 14: Mizzou spanks Colorado in a game that was 42 percent safe at halftime.
- Jan. 17: Mizzou beats Iowa State, and the nickname of "Hustle and Flow" is developed for Tiller and Taylor.
- Jan. 21: Missouri runs out to the best start imaginable in Stillwater, and systematically tries to choke the game away. I can't pull any singular comment from the Live Thread, as you simply need to go back and watch the progression from "YAY!" to "WTF?!?!" to "YAY!" for yourself. Atchison breaks down his feelings by percentage, and The Boy gets to penning "Statistical WHEW."
- Jan. 24: Missouri beats Texas Tech, and much like the basketball team, RMN goes about its business in unspectacular workmanlike fashion. In the recap post, The Boy complains about his poll votes receiving less votes than the "Is Hilary Swank hot?" poll.
More after the jump...
Coming tomorrow: Anatomy of a Magical Season on RMN: Postseason Edition!