That's right, we're through with non-conference opponents--time for the meat of the offseason preview slate, and for the third consecutive year, the conference season starts with Nebraska. And as always, the week begins with a boatload of links.
2008 Summary Links! It was your cliched "tale of two seasons" for the Huskers last year. Losses to Virginia Tech, Missouri, and Texas Tech left them at 3-3 before a 6-1 finish blew expectations out of the water for 2009.
2009 Preview Links! Expectations are going through the roof.
- 2009 Schedule
Quarterbacks (Corn Nation)
- Running Backs (Corn Nation)
- Wide Receivers/Tight Ends (Corn Nation)
- Offensive Line (Corn Nation)
- Defensive Line (Corn Nation)
- Linebackers (Corn Nation)
- Secondary (Corn Nation)
- Why they won't win the Big 12 North - A focus on Weaknesses (Corn Nation)
- Early Picks Putting Nebraska and Kansas Neck and Neck (Big Red Network)
- Setting Benchmarks for '09 Blackshirts (Big Red Network)
Spring Football Links! Zac Lee assuaged any fears (for now) about the QB position.
- Lee Guides Red Team to Spring Game Win (Huskers.com)
- Red-White Game Live Blog (Huskers.com)
- Spring Game Report Card (Corn Nation)
- Pelini Pleased with Quarterback Position (Huskers.com)
What's Corn Nation been talking about this offseason?
- Setting Expectations Has Everything to Do With Success - So What Do You Expect This Season?
- Huskers Must Find Third Running Back to Compliment Helu, Castille
- Offensive Line Experience Counts - Huskers Have it, Kansas Doesn't
- Helu not concerned with numbers (HuskerExtra.com)
Nebraska needs to win big games again (HuskerPedia)
Not since Eric Crouch caught that unforgettable flash pass from Mike Stuntz and sprinted through the Oklahoma secondary to Heisman glory has a Nebraska team defeated anyone in the Top 19 – let alone the Top 10. In fact, as I perused Phil Steele’s preseason college football magazine this month, I noticed an astounding statistic.
Since Frank Solich and the Huskers beat Bob Stoops and the Sooners 20-10 in Lincoln back in October 2001, 63 of the 65 BCS teams have defeated a team that was currently rated in the Top 19. The two that have not? Duke and Nebraska.
- [Jerry] Moore: "Huskers Will Be Really, Really Good on Defense" (Huskers.com)
- What is "Average" for Nebraska? (Big Red Network)