Before I dive into another lengthy links post, I should note that something of extreme historical significance happened last night: for the first time ever (as far as I know), The Unholy Alliance...had quorom!!! That's right, TB of BOTC was in town (along with a Yankees-Patriots-KU fan who I didn't hate somehow) after taking the bar exam at our great state capital, so we (rptgwb and I) gave him the Columbia tour--Shakespeares, Harpo's...and then wherever else they went after this old fogie went home and went to bed.
Anyway, hope you had a great time, Tye, and we'll have to figure out how to put together full quorom at some point...especially, you know, since I'm wanted in Manhattan for that damn 1999 parking ticket.
Anyhoo...on with the links.
The Big 12 discussion and predictions are coming fast and furious now...here's my attempt to pull them together.
Bring On the Cats: Why I Don't Get a Press Pass
"Hey sod...I mean, Todd. I'm a huge fan of your work. When you, Sam, and Frodo destroyed the One Ring, I just couldn't contain my excitement. Is there any way that you could tell me how to get to The Shire? I'm dying to see some of Gandalf's fireworks!"
- Dr. Saturday: Tale of the Tape: Sizing up the Big 12 North contenders (in relatively lazy, but less lazy than before, fashion)
- Houston Chronicle: Cowboys Stadium could host title game
- Dave Matter: BTS Video: K-State's Carson Coffman
- Dallas Morning News: Snyder's return is a big deal for all of Big 12
- Dave Matter: BTS Video: Texas QB Colt McCoy
- Rivals.com: Baylor bearing down on bowl
Here are your Mizzou-specific links:
- The Trib: 'Spoon loving being a little more full
- The Trib: Tigers ready for what's next
- Columbia Missourian: Weatherspoon will help bolster depleted Missouri football team
- PowerMizzou: Most Valuable Tiger #4 (and 4a?)
- PowerMizzou: Hometown star picks up first offer
A couple of basketball links for you:
- PowerMizzou: Chaminade's Bradley Beal (who's probably not coming to Mizzou, but you never know for sure) scored 28 points in the opener of the KC Prep/Price Chopper Invitational.
- PowerMizzou: Price Chopper Invitational Tuesday video
- Steve Walentik: Extortion in summer basketball?
Here's today's Jim Johnson link: Football Outsiders' great Doug Farrar takes a look at Johnson's decade in Philly in the Washington Post.
There are also a ton of Mizzou-unrelated links flying around the blogosphere right now. Here's one:
Rivalry, Esq.: If the Spread Offense is Nothing New, Why is it so Damn Popular?
Finally...the two best links of all:
- Well duh.
- I cannot tell you how impressed I was with this.