Dave Matter: Injuries strike Tuesday practice
Starting right tackle Dan Hoch sprained his left knee and was sent to the locker room and later returned to the sideline wearing a full red jersey and a brace on his left leg. He was scheduled to undergo an MRI later on Tuesday. "We don’t think it’s anything more than" a sprain, Gary Pinkel said. "But we should know something this afternoon. Those things happen. And you have to adjust."
- Dave Matter: Bruce Walker: We'll Get Through This
PowerMizzou: Practice Report: Injury Bug Bites
Wes Kemp impresses me a little more each day. He consistently goes up and gets the ball at its highest point, which is something every receiver has stressed repeatedly. Just think how different this offense would look if Kemp had stuck at Wisconsin and Hoch and Blaine Gabbert were Cornhuskers.
Mutigers.com: Tigers continue push through Training Camp
Next, the #1 units squared off. Gabbert hit TB Derrick Washington for a gain of 10 yards on a swing pass and on the next snap he feathered a nice sideline pass to TE Andrew Jones for a gain of 20 yards. With the score for the period tied at 5-5 for the last play, Gabbert tried to connect with WR Jared Perry on a go route up the right sideline on a 3rd-and-9 situation. The pass was right on the money, but CB Carl Gettis had blanket coverage and jumped to knock the ball away. Safety Kenji Jackson dove to nearly grab an interception, but the ball fell to the turf...
Gettis also stood out several times during the day for big hits he laid on receivers and ball carriers...
- The Missourian: Tuesday practice notes
- Post-Dispatch: Meiners gets shot with MU's first team
- The Trib: Behind the Stripes Web Cast
Behind The Stripes Web Cast from Columbia Daily Tribune Video on Vimeo.
Other Mizzou Football Links!
- Denver Post: Critics ignore Tigers' solid foundation
- The Trib: Receivers dropping the ball
- The Missourian: New group of MU safeties comes on to replace William Moore
- Post-Dispatch: MU hopes for ample advantage
- Campus Corner (KC Star): MU Won't Redshirt Bonner or Meiners
- PowerMizzou: Freshman Q&A: Michael Sam
Big 12 (and other Mizzou opponents) Links!
- Bring On the Cats: KSU Position Breakdown: Running Backs
- Topeka Capital-Journal: Grant Gregory closing gap in QB race
- HuskerExtra.com: Paul ready to make his mark bringing back kicks
- Denver Post: Nick Kasa injury continues blue-chip jinx
- SI (Stewart Mandel): Iowa, Illinois top Big Ten sleeper teams to watch
Other Mizzou Links!
Steve Walentik: Tigers release basketball schedule
Finally...screw Brett Favre, but I had to share two links summarizing my feelings more or less exactly: the PG-rated Doc Saturday "open letter from a fellow Southern Miss alum"...and the R-rated Kissing Suzy Kolber version of, uhh, the same sentiment.