Mizzou Football Links!
- Dave Matter: MU slips in coaches' poll, unranked in AP
- The Missourian: Mizzou just misses AP Top 25
The Trib: Walljasper's alternative look at the day in sports
Thursday, 8:15 p.m.: While I’m waiting to check in, man in tuxedo offers plastic glass of champagne. Reno, you had me at hello.
Thursday, 11 p.m.: Downtown restaurants overwhelmed with more than 22,000 motorcycle enthusiasts in town for Street Vibrations 2009 rally. Had completely forgotten "my old lady" could be used endearingly. As I’m desperate for food, the Nugget casino’s diner is the choice. The famous Awful, Awful Burger — thus named because it’s awful big and awful good — is a greasy half-pounder served on a massive bed of french fries that would exceed the carbohydrate requirements of the entire state of Nevada. This seems like a really good idea.
Thursday, midnight: Complimentary beverages for gamblers? Don’t mind if I do.
Big 12 Links!
Daily Oklahoman: Month looks bigger than ever for OSU
Oct. 17 vs. Missouri: Blaine Gabbert has replaced Chase Daniel with very little drop off, and Danario Alexander has stepped up in Jeremy Maclin’s absence. The Tigers’ running game is struggling, however, averaging only 3.8 yards per carry.
Yahoo!: Baylor QB Griffin out for season
Griffin was injured when his leg bent awkwardly while being stopped for no gain on a fourth-down play the opening series of the game. He remained on the ground for several minutes, the silence broken only when Baylor students started chanting his name before he walked gingerly to the sideline.
Northwestern State drove for a touchdown and a 7-0 lead while Griffin was being tended to. He had his knee heavily wrapped, but didn’t miss a snap before halftime and led the Bears to a 41-10 lead. Griffin was 13-of-19 passing for 226 yards with three TDs before watching the second half from the sideline.
- RedRaiders.com: Mike leach indefinitely suspends standout lineman Brandon Carter
- Tulsa World: Tailback U. strikes again
- Rock Chalk Talk: Southern Mississippi the Morning After
- Bring On the Cats: Postgame Reaction: K-State vs. Tennessee Tech
- Corn Nation: Ragin Cajuns Review
- Crimson and Cream Machine: Week Four, Or The Reason Why Polls Shouldn't Be Released Until October
Other Mizzou Links!
Mutigers.com: MU Soccer defeats No. 12 Oklahoma State 3-2