Mizzou Basketball Links
- Post-Dispatch: In search of J.T. Tiller
- KC Star: Missouri's Tiller is toiling more this season (pretty sure that makes every major Mizzou outlet writing a "J.T. Tiller is struggling" profile this week...)
- PowerMizzou: Tigers need turnover turnaround
- The Missourian: Mike Anderson Jr. goes from player to coach
- Lincoln Journal-Star: Huskers head to Mizzou looking for 1st Big 12 win
Basketball-Statistics.com: NCAA Player Pairs (see what the hell player pairs are here)
These "player pairs" are a complementary data view to our 5-man unit stats that measure unit performance. By focusing on two players at a time we can better understand which guys bring out the best in each other.
Mizzou's best offensive pairs (not including minor contributors):
- J.T. Tiller & Steve Moore (???) 104
- Justin Safford & Steve Moore 92
- Zaire Taylor & Steve Moore 90
- Kim English & Steve Moore 87
- Laurence Bowers & Mike Dixon 84
- Laurence Bowers & Marcus Denmon 83
- Marcus Denmon & Kim English 83
- Laurence Bowers & J.T. Tiller 83
So apparently Mizzou's slashers like having Steeeeeeeve on the court (though he probably hasn't been on the court enough to make his numbers worth as much as some of the more frequent combos).
Mizzou's best defensive pairs:
- Laurence Bowers & Keith Ramsey 49
- Laurence Bowers & Mike Dixon 50
- Zaire Taylor & Mike Dixon 51
- Laurence Bowers & Zaire Taylor 51
- Mike Dixon & Kim English 51
- Mike Dixon & Miguel Paul 51
- Justin Safford & Steve Moore 53
- Kim English & Laurence Bowers 54
Bowers and Dixon both show up 4 times on that list. Interesting.
Big 12 Links
- Rush the Court: Checking in on... the Big 12
Bring On the Cats: Everybody Loves Frank
ESPN.com: Knight to Martin: You need a new offense
The Missourian: Missouri Athletics Hall of Fame to induct former MU football standout Jim Johnson
Bill Tobin could see that he was an athlete. Something about the way he handled himself, maybe. Or the flattop haircut. If nothing else the 6-foot-3, 225-pound frame gave it away.
It was the night that freshmen moved into MU dorms before the start of the fall semester in 1959, and the cafeteria stayed open into the night for the students and families who would be arriving in Columbia. Tobin, a freshman running back from Burlington Junction, made his way over to the man he assumed had to be a lineman. When Tobin was informed that his fellow freshman was actually a quarterback, he had his first worry about college football.
"I thought, ‘What did I get myself into if the quarterback is this big?’" Tobin said.
PowerMizzou: 2010 recruiting mailbag
Other Mizzou Links
- Mizzou Gymnastics
The Trib: Lauren Swankoski always comes to work
- Mizzou Women's Basketball
The Trib: Missouri women can't pull off upset of No. 13 OU
- ESPN.com (Ombudsman Don Ohlmeyer): Mike Leach coverage more bias than balance
Which leads to an interesting question...who is Rock M Nation's Ombudsman?