Mizzou Basketball Links
Houston Chronicle: Defense keys Texas ascension to No. 7 in rankings
Austin American-Statesman: Cory Joseph, Dogus Balbay lead Horns' backcourt in different ways
Post-Dispatch (Jeff Gordon): Recruiting Tony Mitchell worth a shot for Mizzou
Post-Dispatch: MU deadline passes without recruits
KC Star: Mizzou waits on Mitchell and Richardson
KC Star (Campus Corner): MU recruits Mitchell, Richardson could use late registration (Oh good ... I was worried this saga was almost over...)
KBIA Sports Extra: For Mizzou's immediate success, Tony Mitchell saga is unimportant (THANK you, Uribe. Well done.)
- The Trib (Steve Walentik): Where are Missouri's nonconference opponents now?
- The Trib: Kim English has overcome speech issues
Big 12 Basketball Links
- The Dagger: Please, college basketball, enough with the gray jerseys
- The Trib (Steve Walentik): Top 25 ballot - Jan. 24 (forgot to pass this along yesterday...)
Kansas > Colorado
ESPN.com: VIDEO: Kansas Clips Colorado, 82-78
Rock Chalk Talk: Kansas Holds Off Colorado in Boulder
KC Star: No. 6 KU thinks of Thomas Robinson while beating Colorado 82-78
KC Star: Jayhawks will attend funeral of Robinson's mother
Mizzou Football Links
Post-Dispatch: Blaine Gabbert looking more like No. 1 QB in draft
Other Mizzou Links
MUtigers.com: Tigers Ranked No. 7 in NFCA Preseason Poll
- The Missourian: Marching Mizzou's new uniforms to arrive soon (I love that this is an actual article in an actual newspaper.)
- Sports Business Journal: Pro Football Continues Popularity Among U.S. Sports Fans (College Football's coming for you, MLB!!!)
- The Post Game: Sabermetrician in Exile (This dude was SO well-regarded in Moneyball.)
San Diego Union-Tribune: SDSU's Weber: MWC didn't like expansion candidates (Why do I share this link? Because of this completely random, unrelated-to-the-rest-of-the-article passage)
Regarding SDSU and its membership in the MWC, Weber said there are "no other irons in the fire" with other conference suitors.
"The issue gets to be interesting when you start looking at an increasingly successful athletic program and a large TV market," Weber said of SDSU. "I know others have looked at exactly those issues. When it’s something that will be attractive to them, if ever, I can’t guess."
Asked if the Big 12, now down to 10 members, had expressed interest in SDSU, Weber said, "I can’t talk about that."
He did say no other conferences have approached SDSU about membership.
Asked if Yvonne Strahovski had expressed interest in him, RPT said, "I can't talk about that."
I mean ... where exactly did this question come from? Was there a whole "SDSU to Big 12?" storyline that I completely missed? And if so ... we do know where San Diego is, right?