It's Rally Baby's first school Halloween party today. I'm going to be all sorts of overwhelmed with cute and candy and chaos at 10:30 a.m. today. Remember me in your thoughts.
1. Well ... here goes nothing...
I will be announcing my college decision on Thursday, October 31st at 3pm in Moss Point High gymnasium.— Devin Booker (@DevinBook) October 29, 2013
The Trib (Courtside View): Booker to announce college decision Thursday
And in case you missed this one from a few days ago...
Learned so much from coach Norm Stewart in the 2 hours I was with him. One of the greatest to ever… http://t.co/coGyCsKIsc— Devin Booker (@DevinBook) October 28, 2013
2. Three days to Tennessee
The path to the East title
Post-Dispatch: Sorting out Mizzou's path to Atlanta
QB No. 1
The Trib: Franklin ready to shoulder more work
The Missourian: Missouri's James Franklin listed as No. 3 on depth chart
RBs banged up
Post-Dispatch: Injuries might thrust Murphy into bigger role
As No. 10 Missouri (7-1, 3-1 SEC) sets to face Tennessee (4-4, 1-3) Saturday night on Faurot Field, Henson might not have a choice but to give Murphy a heavier workload. Josey is listed as questionable. Hansbrough could only manage four carries, tying his season-low, against the Gamecocks. Redshirt freshman Morgan Steward, who got a few snaps but no carries Saturday, will get more work in practice this week, Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said.
But the SEC’s most efficient running back figures to be Mizzou’s primary ground threat if the others are still hobbled by Saturday.
"Just because of the issues of the physicalness of this league and those guys’ size, we try to keep the carries spread out," Henson said. "But we’re a little banged up there. If one guy has to carry the ball more this game, that’s what he’s got to do."
"I’m just here to contribute however they want me to," said Murphy, the team’s third-leading rusher with 410 yards and seven touchdowns on 53 carries. "If coach says more carries or more routes out of the backfield, I’ll do it. Whatever it takes to get a win."
3. Still looking back at South Carolina
The Trib (Behind the Stripes): SNAP DECISIONS: Singling Clowney, using Waters and oh, those screens
* Missouri switched up the Nickel and the 4-3 pretty regularly in the first half, but played almost exclusively Nickel as South Carolina was making its comeback. The Gamecocks did a bunch of damage over the middle of the field, picking choosing holes created by the linebackers and nicklebacks and fitting throws in before the safeties could react down to them. That was even more damaging than the screens, really.
* Britt did a really good job on Clowney. So good that, as the game wore on, Missouri was content to leave him one-on-one with the big guy more and more often.
* Clowney showed up in the stat sheet seven times: five tackles, a QB hurry and a pass deflection. On those seven plays, he was unblocked three times, and singled by Britt, Copeland, Waters and Josey one time each. The 3rd-and-2 in which he shut off Josey's cutback lane near the end of regulation, he was unblocked. [...]
* Ealy saw his most time on the interior of the line this season, with 19 snaps there. Golden and Singleton continue to trend up on the defense.
Fox Sports SW: Mauk promises Tigers will bounce back from first loss
PowerMizzou: Tuesday's Top Tigers
Garnet and Black Attack: By the numbers: Missouri
Recruits not named Devin also visited last weekend
PowerMizzou: Rhaheed impressed with Mizzou
4. Well I would hope so...
MUtigers.com: Sam Named Bednarik Award Semifinalist
The Trib (Behind the Stripes): Michael Sam named Bednarik semifinalist
Post-Dispatch: Sam among 16 Bednarik Award semifinalists
Another fun pass rusher
KC Star: Sophomore Shane Ray adds to MU pass rush
5. Well I would hope so... (Part 2)
MUtigers.com: Volleyball Added to First- and Second-Round Host Watch List
MUtigers.com: No. 7 Volleyball Hosts Ole Miss, No. 19 Kentucky
6. More Hearnes? More Hearnes!
Mizzou Network: Return to Hearnes: '94 Team Reaction Feature
7. Good start for the Fightin' Pingetons
MUtigers.com: Mizzou Newcomers Help Fuel Big Exhibition Victory
MUtigers.com: Post Exhibition Quotes
The Missourian: Freshman Jordan Frericks impresses in Missouri women's basketball exhibition win
Mizzou Network: Highlights: Mizzou Tops Southwest Baptist 79-53
8. Nice primer
Streaking the Lawn: Tempo-Free NCAA Basketball Stats: Thinking outside the Box (Score)
MUtigers.com: Soccer Closes Regular Season Thursday at Arkansas
The Missourian: Missouri soccer's McKenzie Sauerwein breaks record, again
Swimming & Diving
MUtigers.com: Bonuchi, Tierney Earn SEC Weekly Honors
MUtigers.com: Fall World Series Schedule Changes
MUtigers.com: Butler Earns Top-5 Finish in Las Vegas
MUtigers.com: Athlete Spotlights: Kaitlyn Fischer and T.J. Carey