With another football season just days away, it's once again time for the (sort of) annual Rock M Roll Call. It's like a census if a census stopped asking about dumb things like your children and asked important questions like whether you'd rather see a National Championship in football or basketball.
Not only does the Roll Call give all the regulars around here a chance to remind everyone of their stories and backgrounds, it has also proven to be a great forum for lurkers and quiet readers to jump into the conversation and introduce themselves.
For a better idea of how this works, check out our previous roll calls:
This year, we're going to switch it up a little bit. Not only do we want to hear your stories, we want to know just how far the RMN footprint extends. And since we've got quite a few visual learners around here, let's do it this way:
Click here for the official 2013 Rock M Roll Call Map.
Here's how it works (NOTE: You must be logged into your Google/Gmail account to be able to add to the map):
1. Click the link above
2. Click the "EDIT" button in the red box on the left
3. Navigate to your location (For security reasons, I'd encourage you to use an approximate location -- e.g. a local park or school -- rather than an exact one. I've used the geographical center of my current city.)
4. Click the blue pin button at the top (see below)
5. Click the pin in the spot of your location
6. In the title box, type in your Rock M Nation name
7. In the description, type in the city
8. Click "OK"
Once you've done that, navigate back here and let us know the following in the comments:
1. What is your connection to the University of Missouri? Alum? Student? Raised as a fan? Randomly adopted Mizzou?
2. Where were you born and raised and where do you currently reside?
3. How did you find and begin to read Rock M Nation?
4. Not including teams with whom Mizzou has established history (e.g.: Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc.), if you could schedule a home-and-home series for Mizzou with any school in the country in both football and basketball, which schools would you select?
5. If you could select one Mizzou football player from history to place on this year's football team and one Mizzou basketball player from history to place on this year's basketball team, which players would you select?
Follow and get the latest Rock M Nation