The new Mizzou depth chart is out for Week 2 (PDF). Here's a list of changes:
- Sean Culkin and Eric Waters are now listed as "OR" on the first-string.
And that's pretty much it. No first-stringer was particularly bad, and no second-stringer was particularly amazing, so predictably there's minimal change. (I don't remember which position the backup receivers were listed in, and there's a chance there's been a shift there, but it's the same eight names filling the eight total slots.)
Some other interesting tidbits from the Toledo game notes (PDF):
- A win would give Mizzou its first 2-0 start since 2010, as strange as that sounds. The Tigers lost at Arizona State in Week 2 in 2011, then of course dropped the SEC opener to Georgia in Week 2 last season.
- It's been 22 seasons, since Gary Pinkel's head coaching career began at Toledo. It's been 12 since he left. And he's got two wins to go to catch Dan Devine for second all-time in wins at Mizzou.
- Henry Josey is now tied for sixth in career 100-yard games at Mizzou. He's one of seven players with eight. Brock Olivo's next to catch at nine, then Devin West, Zack Abron, and Joe Moore at 11. He has some work to do to catch Brad Smith at 18. So we'll say the odds of him finishing second are pretty good.
- Future Mizzou opponents went 7-4 last week. Two of the four losses came to other future Mizzou opponents.
- Did you notice that Josh Augusta logged two tackles for loss, by the way? I wonder if a true freshman has ever done that in his first game. That's just a wee bit exciting.