I'll keep this semi-updated throughout the day as anything progresses. For now, nothing completely newsworthy is expected on the Mizzou front with the start of the early signing period. And, as usual there is the Mizzou Basketball Recruiting Section here at RockMNation that has all the past info on these guys.
First, Welcome to Mizzou Cullen VanLeer!
It is official! Cullen is a Tiger! #proudparents #proudcoach,ad,brother pic.twitter.com/MRbPmGvcVR— Pacific Basketball (@PacificHoops) November 12, 2014
Cullen VanLeer made it official this morning, signing his national letter of intent to be a Missouri Tiger. For those who think that this a ho-hum kind of signing. Coach Rob Fulford has different thoughts...
Excited to officially welcome @cullenvanleer33 to the #Mizzou family. He was THE best shooter I saw all summer. #Sniper— Rob Fulford (@rfulford) November 12, 2014
I talked some about VanLeer before. Here is the link: Mizzou Basketball Lands Second Verbal Commitment from In-State Guard
Second, Welcome to Mizzou Kevin Puryear!
It's official!! Proud to be a MISSOURI TIGER #MIZ pic.twitter.com/DMdOSs4Gxg— Kevin Puryear 2⃣4⃣ (@CallMe_KP24) November 12, 2014
Also, as expected, Kevin Puryear
will inked his LOI today after school. Click here to read more about Kevin and his commitment.
Some updates on a few other guys...
Antonio Blakeney a Mizzou Tiger?
No. Not yet anyway. I know, that's a mean tease.
Antonio Blakeney (@blakeney96) told Scout that there isn't a chance of signing during the early period.— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) November 12, 2014
I'm sure the Mizzou coaches would have loved a commitment from Blakeney, but this is actually pretty good news that he's waiting. Blakeney has a top 3 (right now) of Mizzou, LSU and Kentucky. Mizzou coaches are confident that they have Blakeney paying attention, and him waiting allows him to see Missouri play under Kim Anderson. It's possible that a terrible season derails the recruitment of Blakeney, but what is more important is that he gets to see the system and how he would fit in that system. Seeing Teki Gill-Caesar play good minutes for the Tigers this year I'm sure will help him also.
Othere guys... Thomas Bryant is waiting until Spring, as is Ted Kapita
Not much news here, Bryant is still waiting until Spring for a decision. I assume that's because he wants that extra time to help him mom understand that he'll be fine in Columbia, MO. Right now it's Mizzou, Syracuse and Indiana. Kapita is a late riser and is going to wait as well.
In SEC News
- It looks like top 10 player Skal Labissiere is planning on committing to Kentucky tomorrow. Kentucky has only one commitment so far, a 4-star SG named Charles Harris (who should sign today), but plan on their being more and probably soon.
- Former Mizzou recruit Isaiah Briscoe is also committing tomorrow, most think that it's between UK and St. Johns, although UConn is also in the mix. Evan Daniels has thoughts on both Briscoe and Labissiere...
From what I'm hearing, Thursday is going to be a very BLUE day. Skal Labissiere & Isaiah Briscoe announce at 6:00 ET.— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) November 12, 2014
- One of the top overall players Ben Simmons inked his LOI to LSU. He was an AAU teammate of Blakeney and is pushing his friend hard to join him in Baton Rouge. Simmons is LSU's only commitmentso far.
- Texas A&M, yes Texas A&M as of RIGHT NOW has the top overall class in the SEC. All signings are official and include 5-star Center Elijah Thomas, 4-star Wing D.J. Hogg, 4-star Forward Tyler Davis and 4-star Poing Guard Admon Gildner.
- Auburn is also faring well, which is no surprise. 4-star's Danjel Purifoy, Trayvon Reed, Horace Spencer and New Williams, and 3-star TJ Dunans are all expected to sign.
- Georgia has a pretty low key class. E'torrion Wilridge has already signed, and William Jackson is expected to.
- Florida has another good class, headlined by Noah Dickerson. 4-star commit Kevaughn Allen, from Arkansas, is staying committed to Florida (for now) but is not signing in the early period. Which is strange, Arkansas is supposedly still recruiting him.
- Speaking of Arkansas, Jimmy Whitt is on his way out of Missouri, expecting to sign his LOI with Arkansas after school today. Whitt is Arky's only commitment to date.
- South Carolina
is in the mix for& Perry Dozier, a top 40 wing, Match made in heaven apparently. The other player iswas Louisville, I wonder if shoe companies will play a role (probably, but only if he goes to USC #PitinoShoeCompanyJokes). Blame the shoe companies.
#boom time for #SouthCarolina. Dozier is done. pic.twitter.com/v8GbFFNbpt— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) November 12, 2014