The middle of the rankings is the hottest new club in the SEC. Everyone wants to be seen there. After witnessing all of the fun from the outside, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M decided to see what all the hubbub was about. Some teams seem to be more interested in the scene than others, but everyone is eyeing spots six through nine hungrily, which is nice.
1. LSU Tigers - In a season where college football is more drunk than usual, why would you bet against the Mad Hatter? Especially when he's in such prime form.
2. Alabama Crimson Tide - Man, it's almost like that fluky Ole Miss loss was a weird, glitchy game and the Tide were really good the entire time. Either that, or Memphis is one of the top contenders in the West.
3. Florida Gators - Don't get down, Gator fans. Les was on a heater, there aren't many teams capable of beating him when he's that hot. I mean, how could you have known that LSU's kicker was capable of OUTRUNNING VERNON HARGREAVES.
4. Texas A&M Aggies - Aggie let a bit of their Texas confidence get to their heads. I know you've played well so far, but spotting the Tide 21 points might have been overkill.
5. Mississippi St. Bulldogs - Don't look now, but Dak and company only have two close losses to A&M and LSU on their record. They'll probably lose to Alabama, but at this point who else do you see them falling to? It's not like Memphis is coming to Starkville any time soon.
6. Ole Miss Rebels - We don't talk enough about how charitable Hugh Freeze is. Just this past weekend, he went and secured Justin Fuente a sweet promotion. That's unselfishness in its purest form, right there.
7. Arkansas Razorbacks - Bret Bielema might just pass out from sheer happiness when he holds Auburn to 27 offensive plays this coming weekend.
8. Tennessee Volunteers - Took a nice week off to rest up and prepare for what should be a close ga-[looks at schedule] oh uh, never mind.
9. Georgia Bulldogs - I got into an actual, real life argument over the weekend. with a few Bulldog fans about whether Missouri or Georgia was worse. They were quite adamant about UGA being a pile of trash, but they're at least a pile of trash with an offense.
10. Auburn Tigers - The Tigers made just enough plays to eek out a win over Kentucky, which does a pretty good job of summing up the state of both programs.
11. Kentucky Wildcats - They let a big one slip through their fingers. And they were so close to sending all of the basketball jokes to the back-burner, too.
12. Missouri Tigers - This defense doesn't deserve the win/loss record that the offense is going to saddle them with.
13. South Carolina Gamecocks - Baby steps.
14. Vanderbilt Commodores - ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Hello darkness, my old friend. ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩